Happy rainy Thursday, sweet cheeks.
- Charter schools bringing atypical alliances like TSPLOST. “The TSPLOST may have been a one-night stand. Now you have to consider that this might be a long-term cohabitation,” Thurmond said. Translation: a ho is being turned into a lady. Oh c’mon – it’s funny.
- From Gwinnett County: HOT lanes set record Tuesday morning. I’m genuinely curious – if you’ve paid $6 to travel in these lanes, do you feel it was worth it? I could probably justify it if headed to the airport and trying to make a flight, but I’m not sure I’d pay $6 any other time during my commute.
- Voters to decide if Georgia should have multi-year leases. Didn’t we just vote on this? Maybe the wording was for “contracts” last time and now it’s specifically “leases”? As the one-year anniversary of Atlanta Better Buildings Challenge approaches, this could be significant. Mayor Reed’s goal is to make commercial buildings 20% more energy efficient by 2020. ESCO‘s jumped all over this. It’s too much to post about here, but there’s a lot of folks and terms and promises intertwined into these contracts that affect Georgia taxpayers.
- Georgia Carry files Supreme Court appeal of ban on guns in ‘places of worship’
- Georgia early voting on slower pace
- From Cobb County: I disagree with how Brett Bittner is voting on the charter amendment, but admire him for running for the school board. Brett is my age with no kids, but took an active role in the Marietta community by running unopposed for Ward 1 on the Marietta school board. He’s sane and fiscally conservative…. I wish he’d consider voting yes for the amendment though.
- DA returns fire on Cobb judge over illegal immigrant. Jessica Colotl’s still ongoing.
- From Carroll County: SD 30 candidates talk taxes, gambling, term limits
- From Clarke County: Frye, Kessler sound off – and alike – at debate
- From Muscogee County: Veteran lawmaker faces 37yo first-timer in District 135 race. I’m digging the under 40 crowd getting more active in running for office.
- Barrow has $1.19 million to defend congressional seat. Meanwhile, 3 charged in vandalism of Lee Anderson signs
- Gallup: 51 Romney, 45 Obama among likely voters
- Going back to Romney’s debate comment of holding China accountable to fair/even practices: Foxconn says underage workers used in China plant
- From the Huffington Post of all places: ‘Binders Full of Women’ Is Actually a Great Approach
- Newsweek to end publication of print edition
- WHAT? Parents witness two people having sex at Florida restaurant in front of their kids and then decline to write a statement to the police in order to have charges brought against them? I’m by no stretch a prude, but I would be “pissed dammit”…not in front of my kids.
- Video: Drunk, Stoned US Defense Contractors
- Celebrity sperm donor service gears up for launch
- Athens named to CNN Money ’25 Best Places to Retire’ list
- Savannah ranked among America’s top-10 cities in Conde Nast Traveler
- Human cadaver brains may provide new stem cells
- Business Insider Morning Reads