Early voting begins today across Georgia. Contact your local elections office for times and locations. Click here to see a sample ballot for your precinct.
Local Items Of Interest
– The Georgia Tea Party supports the charter school amendment. A poll conducted for the AJC shows a slim majority supporting the amendment.
– Clayton County Schools are on the verge of losing their accreditation for the second time in four years. Yeah Local Control!
– An earthquake stuck McCaysville!
– Georgia Gwinnett College makes the 2013 US News College Rankings.
– Some troops come home to Fort Benning.
Georgia Election Items
– Senate District 30 candidates talk about agriculture.
– Incumbent Bubber Epps and challenger Mary Ann Whipple-Lue appeared at a forum for the HD144 race.
– Howard Johnson says he is a constitutional conservative with progressive views. Johnson is challenging incumbent John Meadows in HD5.
– Incumbent Sanford Bishop faces challenger John House in CD2.
– A forum featuring incumbents and challengers in the 4th and 7th Congressional districts is tonight, 6:30 – 8:30 PM at Gwinnett Tech.
– CD6: Incumbent Tom Price is worried about a fiscal cliff. Price faces challenger Jeff Kazanow.
– CD9: Collins v. Cooley.
– CD12 Incumbent John Barrow talks with the Augusta Chronicle. Barrow faces challenger Lee Anderson.
National Election Items
– Shots fired at a Obama HQ in Colorado.
– Brit Hume says Biden looked like a “cranky old man” but Beau Biden defended his Dad’s debate performance. Minute by minute search interest for the VP Debate.
– Tuesday’s debate is time for the President to “step up.”
– Romney has pulled close in electoral college projections.
– RCP National Average: Romney 47.3, Obama 46.0.
– RCP State Averages: Arizona: Romney +5.3. Florida: Romney +3.2. Georgia: Romney +12.3. North Carolina: Romney +3.3. Michigan: Obama +4.4. Nevada: Obama +1.6. Ohio: Obama +1.7. Pennsylvania: Obama +4.5. Virginia: Obama +0.4. Wisconsin: Obama +2.3.
– Jamie Dupree looks at recent swing State polling.
– Matt Bryant kicked a 55 yard field goal and the Falcons are 6-0.
– At least Tech and UGA didn’t lose this weekend. I’m sure Ed knows already but GA State pounded Rhode Island for their first win of the season.
– A skydiver jumped 24 miles and may have broken the sound barrier.
– The fall of Lance Armstrong is complete. Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio?
– RIP: Arlen Spector.