Time to Finish What We Started

October 11, 2012 10:40 am

by Ed · 15 comments

In 2010, Georgia State played NCAA football for the first time.

The Panthers went to Tuscaloosa to play the reigning national champions that year. GSU nearly beat ‘Bama. We get a chance to finish what we started next year, returning to play the Crimson Tide. GSU is also scheduled to play at West Virginia in 2013.

My warning to both those teams: prepare yourselves for the GSU Juggernaut.

Also announced yesterday: GSU goes to Oregon in 2015 and now has a home-and-home with Air Force for 2014/16.

#unstoppable

Ed October 11, 2012 at 11:00 am

I will note UGA again has failed to take up my offer of a home-and-home series.

Again, the only explanation is that they fear GSU.

Its that simple.

Calypso October 11, 2012 at 11:04 am

Ed, will you please roll me one with the stuff your puffing? Looks like a nice mellow buzz you have going.

Ed October 11, 2012 at 11:09 am

#unstoppable.

Calypso October 11, 2012 at 11:14 am

Here’s a thought. Play GT this year. At least one of you will be assured of a win before the season’s over.

Lawton Sack (Go Jackets!) October 11, 2012 at 11:58 am

Keep talking smack, Colonoscopy. Wait until we win our third game of the year against your semi-Blue Devils from Dook.

Calypso October 11, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Don’t count your larvae before they hatch.

godawgs2424 October 11, 2012 at 11:05 am

Ed, as I remember, Alabama rested almost every starting player. Also, 63-7 isn’t exactly a nail biter.

peachstealth October 11, 2012 at 11:06 am

As I remember the score of that Alabama game was something like 63 to 7. I knew State people were delusional, I just didn’t know how bad until today.

Ed October 11, 2012 at 11:10 am

Yeah, well it was one of those instances where if you watched the game on the field it told a different story than the one on the scoreboard.

I’m telling you, there was an audible sigh of relief from ‘Bama fans when the game ended.

Calypso October 11, 2012 at 11:16 am

“I’m telling you, there was an audible sigh of relief from ‘Bama fans…”

Kinda like when they finally extricate the body from a horrible car wreck?

Ed October 11, 2012 at 11:22 am

Couldn’t have said it better myself…

Ryan October 11, 2012 at 11:27 am

Only 1 GSU in Georgia that actually plays football and has the record to show it….that Team is located in Statesboro and that Team is also the same GSU that has score more points on Bama than any team in the past 1 1/2. GATA Eagles!

peachstealth October 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Absolutely!! They’re afraid of us. Joining the Sun Belt so they’ll have an excuse not to play Southern. They ought to be going the other way and join the Gulf South. They might actually win a game.

View from Brookhaven October 11, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Our recent record against Top 25 teams compares favorably with that of Mark Richt’s. So there’s that.

The Big Kahuna October 12, 2012 at 12:29 am

Ed, your living situation must look like you live with Cheech and Chong. Put the bong down for a minute and step outside and take a deep breath of non weed laced air.

Comments on this entry are closed.