Good morning, kiddos. How is it already Thursday?? I’ve been in Chicago this week for work and haven’t had time to read PP much less post. I have no idea how Charlie manages to travel for work and still write a daily article for a newspaper plus post on PP throughout the day – I’ll have what he’s having, please.
I caught up on news, the VP debate, the campaign, and PP posts as best I could this morning. Help a girl out and post things I missed in the comment section.
p.s. It’s 10/11/12.
- Charter schools still the topic du jour: Charter school lawsuit unravels in Fulton County court. Lawsuit launched against Gwinnett.
- Darden Restaurants looks to limit employee hours due to Obama Care. I consider this news because the Darden conglomerate has 1,939 restaurants across the U.S.. That’s a lot of servers, bartenders, and cooks to be directly affected by Obamacare shortly before casting votes in an election. And this is only one company. I hope other companies communicate early and often what Obamacare will do to the American economy.
- Regents cut retiree health benefits, approve UGA construction
- Dems Can’t Remove Crawford From Ballot
- IKEA turns on Georgia’s largest private solar rooftop array. The panels are live. No report on whether or not extra parts were left over while assembling.
- Tax Foundation: Georgia 34th for taxes on businesses.
- Georgia candidate Ales Campbell can’t hold office unless taxes are paid
- Alford named sole finalist to lead Georgia Lottery. She would be the state’s first lottery director without previous experience running a lottery. Her husband, Dean Alford, is a former state lawmaker who was appointed to the state Board of Regents by Deal earlier this year.
- Some Georgia unemployed may get additional benefits.
- O’Leary just needs to stop – this proposed development is just so wrong on so many levels. I lump this in the same category as TSPLOST on how wrong it would be for Georgia.
- Interim president Trip Tollison takes over at Savannah Economic Development Authority
- 5 things to watch for in the vice presidential debate
- VP debate no game-changer, but could shift momentum
- WHY is Big Bird involved in a presidential campaign?? C’mon guys – seriously.
- 2012 Presidential Election Daily Tracking Poll: Obama 43.7%, Romney 48.7%
- 53 percent say Obama failed on economy, Libya ‘troubling’
- Video: Bad Lip Reading from the Presidential Debate. Oh – it’s pretty bad :/
- Osama Bin Laden Raid Training Camp In North Carolina