Mila Kunis Hates Me

Actress Mila Kunis was just named the “sexiest woman alive” by Esquire Magazine. It’s one of those phony awards magazines hand out to try and stay afloat. Is Kunis more beautiful than she was last year and did last year’s winner get ugly all of a sudden? I digress. If any of you poor Republican Christians in our fair State thought you had a shot with Mila, she crushes your heart like one of those Hollywood Starlets TMZ follows around.

The way that Republicans attack women is so offensive to me. And the way they talk about religion is offensive. I may not be a practicing Jew, but why we gotta talk about Jesus all the time? And it’s baffling to me how a poor person in Georgia can say, “I’m a Republican.” Why?

Ah yes, the “war on women” discussed in the pages of a magazine devoted to reducing women to objects of lust for men who pretend to be sophisticated. Well, I’m sure Esquire supports government funded contraceptives and all that cool stuff which makes it OK.

Here’s your bitterly partisan post for the day. Enjoy.

1. Charlie says:

Buzz, don’t take this too hard. If I only had a nickel for every “sexiest woman alive” who hates me, I would no longer be a poor person in Georgia.

2. Trey A. says:

Maybe she was talking about the other Georgia? She is from Ukraine… Also, since we’re objectifying women and all, it should be noted that Ms. Kunis looks like she could be 14 years old.

I’m not a marketing wizard, but wouldn’t it create a bigger stir (and sell more magazines) if Esquire put out a press release canceling the “Sexiest Woman Alive” issue and instead did a cover story on a powerful and influential woman instead? Like say new Yahoo! CEO Marissa Meyer or current Xerox CEO Ursula Bruns (the first African American female to be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company)?

• Daddy Got A Gun says:

That link was funny.

The arrogance, ignorance and group think of Hollywood is sickening. If she knew the history of Georgia’s Republican party, she would learn it was the party that fought for civil rights and equality. It was the Democrats that burned crosses atop Stone Mountain and disenfranchised black Americans.

• kyleinatl says:

Exactly, what? You think today’s Georgia GOP is fighting for any of that? They’d still be Dixiecrats if it was in vogue to be one down here…

3. jbgotcha says:

Just because the movie and TV industry puts someone on a pedestal of fame does not make their opinion any more valid than yours or mine.

• Stacey Dash is the trifecta of evil. She’s supporting Romney despite being an actress, a woman, and an African-American. The only way she’d be more hated by the Left is if she was also a lesbian.

• jbgotcha says:

What a statesman you are! I love how you get bogged down in this Liberals vs. Conservatives paradigm even though you should be smart enough to see through these distractions. It’s all spectacle. All of it.

• Did you see some of the Tweets she received?

You must be new around here. It’s no secret I’m a partisan Republican. I enjoy making fun of the Left whenever I can. I also have a sense of humor and enjoy having fun at the expense of the Elites, as in this case, an attractive Hollywood star who probably thinks we’re all like Honey Boo Boo child. Of course I have no idea if Honey Boo Boo’s parents vote Republican if they vote at all, but I’m sure Kunis thinks she knows and that’s worth making fun of.

• jbgotcha says:

I’ve been around for a while and I hear you. I just long for a day when this partisan game is over. You have a great responsibility as an elected official. That responsibility extends to citizens of all stripes. You diminish your office when you engage in this kind of silliness in my opinion. The emperor has no clothes, yet we continue along in this game as if there is no end to it.

• You might be right and I may not be cut out for public service as a career. I am who I am and I’m not going to pretend to be something I’m not. Rest assured I take my duties as an elected official very seriously. Since you’ve been here a while I hope you know that.

• jbgotcha says:

I do recognize that you take your duties seriously, and that’s why I get disappointed at posts like this one. I appreciate you responding and being honest about who you are.

4. polpol says:

What in the hell did this woman do that is/was/will be important??????? Give her 15 minutes of fame….oh, I guess it is over……what was her name????

5. kyleinatl says:

Man, what I’d do to her..uhh I mean I’m sure she’s a lovely person who has many important things to say *ahem*

6. Max Power says:

Why the hell can’t she express her opinion? How many comments do I read on PP about liberals wanting to bankrupt the country by mandating abortions and homosexual marriage? If a magazine asked your opinions would you say, well I shouldn’t comment. Of course not, you would say what you believed including some of the stupid stuff we all believe. Seriously Buzz shouldn’t you be thinking about how we’re going to continue giving away the state to corporations starting in January?

7. Doug Deal says:

Oh the irony of a women receiving an award for being a sex object who then complains about the way Republicans treat her and women in general. I guess an industry whose most important hiring criteria are looks, weight and perfect teeth don’t normally find the bright people.

8. ChuckEaton says:

I’m going to be eagerly waiting to hear what Honey Boo Boo’s family has to say about Kunis’ slight on Georgia.

9. sunkawakan says:

Does anyone know why she specifically chose Georgia as the object of her derision? Perhaps she has watched recent events in the Senate?

10. elfiii says:

Who is Mila Kunis and how did she rate this much publicity? Is she the only pretty air head woman left on the planet? What happened to all the other pretty women? Especially the smart ones?

• Noway says:

Well, Elfiii, would you rather be stranded on a desert island with a smart one like Madeline Albright or a dumb one like Mila Kunis?!?!? Hmmmmm?

• Noway says:

Funny and true story about Albright, Calypso. She was once mistaken for a char woman on one of her overseas trips. One of the hotel staff or foreign gov’t staff members made that horrid mistake. Mila Kunis, she ain’t.

• Lea Thrace says:

And why exactly is she an air head? Because she stated an opinion contrary to conservative ideals? Because she is an actress? Because she tooks pictures without a full burka on?

• Noway says:

Lean, I could not care less if she’s an airhead, liberal or tree-hugging druid! LOL! Just looooooooooook at her!!! Danggggggggggggggggggggggggg….. Men will put up with a lot if she’s pretty enough. I know, I know, men are pigs! All I have to say is: Oink!

11. James says:

“[B]ut why we gotta talk about Jesus all the time?” I don’t think this question is off-base at all.

• Napoleon says:

There are only 7 billion people on Earth according to the world population clock.

1 billion are Catholics. Doubt they disagree.
          1.5 billion are Muslims who hold Jesus as the second highest prophet in Islam. They only disagree if you try to tell them he is the Son of God. Since Kunis’s comment wasn’t qualified with the context of the mention, then let’s just say they wouldn’t necessarily disagree.
          1.2 billion are members of other Christian denominations. Doubt they disagree.

That means there are about 3.3 billion could possibly disagree.

But wait, there are currently about 647,165,796 children in the world between the ages of 0-4. Given their limited vocabulary, I doubt they care one way or another. While some of them may be counted in the stats above, let’s be generous and say they make up about 10% of the world population as a whole so we will count out only 10% of the 3.3 billion so we’re down to 2.7 billion.

Therefore, only about 2.7 billion people of other religions and atheists would disagree with Buzz’s statement. Most would agree, depending on context, or not care.

• Lea Thrace says:

Gonna make a stretch assumption that they are mostly male and highly conservative. Hence the lambasting of this woman for HER OPINION simply because she disagrees. And ridiculing her chosen occupation as if that disqualifies her from weighing in on a question that she was asked. All because she disagrees with conservative ideals.

I’m disappointed that this was a post on Peach Pundit and even more disappointed that it was posted by Buzz. I’ve always had the impression that he was above the Mike Hassinger type posts but clearly I assumed incorrectly. Shame on me and all that.

12. AMB says:

This post and the comments just prove that today’s GAGOP is the party of angry old white men. They want their women quiet, at home, and pregnant under their terms. And they are so wrapped in their ugly misogyny that they don’t even perceive how others may view their hatefulness.

13. Napoleon says:

Okay, if that’s how you want it…the recent twitter posts and follow-up comments concerning Stacey Dash’s expressing her opinion in favor of Romney just prove that today’s DPG is the party of angry old racist white men (after all, who but a racist white male would call her the “N” word so many times on twitter). They want their women quiet, at home, and pregnant under their terms. And they are so wrapped in their ugly misogyny that they don’t even perceive how others may view their hatefulness.

I can attribute this to the DPG since you assume everyone on PP is from GA to charge the GAGOP.

14. Stefan says:

I don’t understand why these remarks are so controversial. Not just here, apparently all over the web. Liberals often are dismayed or confused when people do not vote their economic interests, instead making decisions on social issues which are (in this view) less important. That’s all this is:

“…baffling to me how a poor person in Georgia can say ‘I’m a Republican’.”