Honey Boo Boo Now A Factor In GA-12

October 8, 2012 15:53 pm

by Charlie · 9 comments

I’m proud to say I’ve yet to watch even part of an episode of Honey Boo Boo, or whatever the actual name of that show is.  But, I will concede, she is getting harder and harder to avoid.

In part of today’s Morning Jolt, Jim Galloway relayed news that the Augusta Chronicle reported from Augusta’s former First Lady Gwen Young, who hasn’t voted for a Democrat since she was a “young naive girl”, is inviting her Republican friends to meet John Barrow.  Why?  Why Honey Boo Boo of course:

“Sending Anderson to Washington would be like sending Honey Boo Boo up there,” she said. “To send him up there would make it look like we’re all like that in Georgia.”

Following quickly on the heels of that one liner, the twitter account @RepHoneyBooBoo now exists (or maybe not) as a Lee Anderson parody account, using the hashtag #gapol to gain some quick attention.  (It may have been too quick, as the account appears to have already been suspended.)  The initial tweets mocked Anderson’s primary confusion regarding the Federal reserve as well as a semi-intelligible one about “SKETTI!”.  We’ll have to see if the meme plays out elsewhere.

As for Mrs. Young, one wonders if she also worries if people think if people from Georgia are all like this, too.

Rick Day October 8, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Ah; nice way to back door into Father Paul Broun’s “Romney Moment™”.

Look, who am I to question a man’s beliefs? Especially one who professes in Sky Thunder Gods but won’t put his right hand on Thunder God’s alleged book of war, er, peace, er, Jewish cookbook. Whatever.

His domain is not to introduce, or even filter legislation through this Belief System™, especially Christianity. That term is having some hard issues defining these days. No, people like Rep. Broun, in my opinion, is a deranged extremist. Yes, I went there. You have elected a man who denies evolution, and thinks women descended from man, through his now missing rib. Yeah, blame the woman ONE MORE TIME.

Rep. Broun is not a nut. He is not a muffin. What he is, is an extremist, who will put his in-bred indoctrination before he will the people who elected him.

In other words, he will probably be your POTUS candidate within 2 cycles. Who the Hell™ else y’all got? Mr GOP man, and his 9000 year old earth *eyeroll* Bet he eats at the Capitol Chick Feeee-lay

Me? I’ll take 5 Victor Hills over one Paul Broun. *shudder* I can only imagine how musty his suit must smell.

Rick Day October 8, 2012 at 5:50 pm
Robin Wheeler October 8, 2012 at 7:47 pm

omg. #ouchie

Romegaguy October 8, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Maybe Lee Anderson could debate Honey Boo Boo

gt7348b October 8, 2012 at 10:36 pm

I don’t know if I’d risk it. She might win.

Engineer October 9, 2012 at 8:11 am

If there is one thing I’ve learned from watching TV and shows like America’s Funniest Home Videos, it is that people adore kids.

Trey A. October 9, 2012 at 9:27 am

Again, why didn’t Anderson’s PhD wife run in his stead?

You typically don’t get PhDs to marry you and have children with you if you are a complete moron. So, I don’t think Anderson is as bad as he’s been made out to be. Still, I can’t blame Mrs. Young.

IndyInjun October 10, 2012 at 6:27 am

Simple fact is that she was a school teacher who became an administrator. Like most folks in education who care to advance, she pursued advanced degrees. She did NOT have a PhD when they married.

Lee Anderson is a lot worse than he is made out to be if you are a middle class Georgian. He voted to give Georgia Power and the state Revenue Dept double digit takes from their incomes which are growing at single digits.

I am going to love seeing Lee Anderson as y’all’s REPRESENTATIVE, but then I have taken 36 years of pleasure making fun of the Jimmy Carter voters. He will be your Boo Boo.

ricstewart October 9, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Well, Lee Anderson does pronounce Atlanta “Alana,” which is Honey Boo Boo Child’s given name, so…

Comments on this entry are closed.