Which beer to serve at your debate watching party

depends on who you are inviting, however, its likely the Corona and Lone Star drinkers won’t be showing up.

oh, and wow, Shiner Bock.

1. ryanhawk says:

I don’t often drink but when I do… apparently I like extremely partisan beer. Given a choice of those on the chart I’d go for a Shiner Bock or a Heineken.

• Stefan says:

Yeah, that one was curious. It is a Portland label with a near national distribution. Tough to find around here (three tiered distribution system maybe). Those Pacific Northwest people probably refused to answer any question that had a party ID label and ended up in the middle. Many of them consider themselves to be Libertarian because guy they knew in college told them that party was for the legalization of weed, man.

• Brett says:

You’ll find it this Saturday at the Third Annual Grayson Blues and Brews Festival. Grayson, GA City Park 2p until 7p. http://www.Grayson-BluesandBrews.com. In addition to Henry Weinhard – Pyramid, Widmer, Lazy Magnolia, Goose Island, Monday Night, and dozens more. Hope to see everyone there – well, almost everyone.

2. Calypso says:

And in the upper-most, right-hand corner of the graph (literally off the charts) is what they’re serving at the party in the LDS Fellowship Hall where the marker indicates A&W Root Beer.

3. Baker says:

Wow, pretty funny. I pretty exclusively only drink Yuengling and the absent from the graph Red Stripe. Hooray for the Total Politicization of Everything in Society! (Save the aforementioned Red Stripe which only hoorays for the beer)

• Stefan says:

I think this might just be a regional identification chart in the end. Shiner Bock is Texas, Yeungling is South Carolina, Stella Artois is Belgium…

• c_murrayiii says:

Yuengling is not South Carolina, it is from Pennsylvania. In fact, it is the oldest continuously operated brewery in the US (during Prohibition it brewed a special “medicinal” porter for pregnant mothers). It reached the South a few years ago, but is a mainstay in the mid-Atlantic. It is also my favorite beer and I happen to fit perfectly where it lies on this chart.

4. saltycracker says:

Good grief folks – the important stat is USA owned brewers.
    Foreign owned brewers brewing in the US are marginalized too.
    Parties have to walk the talk. Break those stats out.

5. drjay says:

this is why we like to keep several flavors of beer in our fridge. ’cause you never know who is going to show up for something…

6. elfiii says:

@ Andre – I ask again, whereโ€™s the liquor on this chart?

A most excellent question. Why sip, sip, sip beer all night and become a dullard? With likker you can slam a couple of stiff pops early on and get it over with or refrain, stay focused, pay attention and near the end of the debate slam a couple of stiff pops and get it over with. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. SallyForth says:

All I want to know is where’s the Ripple or Boone’s Farm?! With hard cider on the chart, discriminating drinkers need our faves on there too, ‘specially if we’re gonna hang in there on the drinking games. ๐Ÿ™‚