Dueling TV Ads Out In Georgia 12

From “Independent” John Barrow:

And From Lee Anderson’s “Heart”:

1. ricstewart says:

I was so distracted by John Barrow’s Sarah Palin glasses that I almost didn’t notice that his fake accent has improved.

• Doug Deal says:

I just went through a few of his earlier videos and his accent definitely seems to drift a little bit, even in how he pronounces his own name. Without prompting, I asked my wife what she though of his accent and she said he sounded like he is an actor faking a bad southern accent.

• ricstewart says:

During the 2010 election cycle, I heard Barrow speak at several locations throughout the district. In Savannah and Augusta, he speaks normally. Anywhere else in the district, he puts on the fake southern accent.

• Don’t really know if it matters. We get forced accents from George W. Bush, shifting speech styles from Algore, periodic attempts to sound like Southerners by Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, & Joe Biden.

It may offend your ears but it doesn’t usually seem to affect how people vote.

• ricstewart says:

You’re right, and Barrow is a prime example of that. He’s been getting elected and re-elected since 2004, so phoniness is working for him so far.

2. IndyInjun says:

The losers in the 12th?
    The PEOPLE.
    Either way it goes.
    I am giddy that the clown will win. He will do more for reform of the GOP than a Barrow victory.

3. Robin Wheeler says:

oh puhleeze. Ask any south Georgia business owner what they think of Mr. Barra and they will tell you they are fine with him (well, everyone except Lawton). They hate Obammy, but are fine with JB. Mr. Barra is a career politician before his allegiance to any political party. He will say or do anything required to get re-elected. And he will be.

Love you guys in GA12. Mean It. But you have not united your base with Lee Anderson. And you know what that means. Barra is a political machine. I don’t see him going anywhere just yet.