Today’s Charter Amendment Opponent Misinformation: No, We’re Not Using Taxpayer Funds To Oppose The Amendment, Why Would You Think That?

September 20, 2012 11:33 am

by Buzz Brockway · 9 comments

Here’s an image of the Early County Schools website. It contains links to information in opposition to the proposed charter school amendment. This will probably be taken down soon. I’m sure this was not done by any school employees and not done during the time when any school employees were on the clock. It’s probably some sinister plot by charter school advocates to make it look like taxpayer dollars are being used to oppose the charter amendment. This quote is included:

The Early County School Superintendent Thomas Challender wants to be sure everyone is informed with the information below. Please browse the documents listed here or visit the website to learn more about this topic.

If you see or know about other such abuses, please let us know.

Ed September 20, 2012 at 11:37 am

What on earth requires you to have UPS’ website bookmarked to your toolbar?

Buzz Brockway September 20, 2012 at 11:40 am

When you’re trying to take over the world, you need to ship stuff.

rrrrr September 20, 2012 at 5:38 pm

While taking over the world, remember that Snapple makes the best “stuff” …

LoyaltyIsMyHonor September 20, 2012 at 11:00 pm

(Poop) Brown state, is the new Red State.

Jackster September 20, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Speaking of which – I’m a little dismayed that someone who can figure out chrome add ons needs an about.com article to figure out how to take a screen shot… And from a GT man.

Man do I feel like the youngest guy at the retirement community. (visiting)

Jackster September 20, 2012 at 2:22 pm

So, I went on over to the website formerly known as ethics (formerlyethics.georgia.gov) and did a quick contributor search for Vote SMART! NO To State-Controlled Schools! (the group linked by early county.)

As of the last filing, It seems that GCPS (Gwinnett County) administrators (Or “Educators”, but definatly not Teachers) and vendors (Their IT contractor, various lawyers, network & security contractors, Behavioral health provider) and a few boosters have contributed OVER HALF of all contributions before the issue got big.

GCPS $38525
Non GCPS $29770
Grand Total $68295

So… to me here’s what I don’t get… I’m a bit too pissed off to comment further.

debbie0040 September 20, 2012 at 6:20 pm

It is funny how some of you are upset at this but did not say one word when the Regional Commissions, CIDs and some Chamber of Commerces used tax-payer money to advocate on behalf of T-SPLOST. They called it educating voters but they were advocating on its behalf.

What gives with the inconsistency?

Buzz Brockway September 20, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I guess you’re referring to me. If y’all had sent me such clear cut violations as this one, I would have posted them.

John Konop September 20, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Debbie,

Wow, you are keeping it real! Thanks!!

Comments on this entry are closed.