Morning Reads for Thursday, Sept 20

Gooood morning!  Ain’t no Thursday like a Peach Pundit Thursday.

I pinky swear I’m a US citizen: Online voter registration is now available in Georgia.

1. ricstewart says:

RE: Voting turnout/peer pressure.
    I don’t know what it says about me, but wearing the “I’m a Georgia Voter” sticker makes me feel superior to others. Especially on runoffs and judicial races. It has nothing to do with encouraging other people to vote.

2. saltycracker says:

Golan Heights: Obama says give it back. It is a strategic position won after being attacked, it is theirs. But while this is a political blog I do approve of the posting of pics of hot chicks.

3. DannyBDolan says:

Interesting thing about the online voter registration. I tried it this morning for my mother-in-law, who moved just this year. It doesn’t actually enter you into a database right away, it seems. It just creates a PDF of the voter registration form, filling out the fields with the values you enter online. You still have to print the form and deliver it to the voter registration office, in person or by mail, with the same basic proof-of-no-fraud that everyone has always needed to begin with.

So, it doesn’t look to me like this makes fraud any easier than it has been. Not that fraud is altogether impossible, but at least this new app doesn’t make it worse. And, on the up-side, maybe this will cut down on mistakes due to bad handwriting….

4. I’d be interested in seeing the studies Deal / spokesman referenced that say Georgia’s coastal wind is “unique” in that existing technologies don’t work. Anyone know where to find them?

5. Noway says:

Y’all will be glad to know that Obama is considering releasing the ‘Blind Shiek’ to Egypt as a goodwill gesture. He plans to original attack on the World Trade Center and now the Administration is considering releasing this animal? I know that makes me wanna run out right now and vote for our strong leader, Obama.

• Lea Thrace says:

Seriously? Did you even research this before you said it? This is how stupid untrue lies get spun into facts. I am thoroughly irked.

• Noway says:

Well, Lea, let’s just see if, in the coming days, there is anything to this. I heard it in two media sources, radio, as well as one from the Hill. Is it true? I dearly hope not. I do love your screeching defense of your Dear Leader, though. Very touching! I think I need a tissue.

• AMB says:

It’s a lie. Totally made up to see how far the rumor would travel and who would fall for it. If I weren’t a nice person, this is where I would jump out and yell “sucker!”.