Gooood morning! Ain’t no Thursday like a Peach Pundit Thursday.
I pinky swear I’m a US citizen: Online voter registration is now available in Georgia.
- There’s drama afoot: Fayette County School Superintendent leaves post in January after the school board voted unanimously in June to extend his contract to June 30, 2015.
- Come at me, Bro: Carter Kessler did community service for a DUI at the nonprofit run by his state House opponent, Spencer Frye.
- Ralph Reed steers GOP into high-tech voter targeting
- Gwinnett County has quite the tangled web: Attorneys hint that probe has deepened. Fanning’s cooperation helped charge former Gwinnett County planning commissioner Mark Gary with bribery. Gary was appointed by Fanning’s mother, former county commissioner Shirley Lasseter, and is accused of paying them $30,000 in casino gambling chips for Lasseter’s favorable vote on a $4 million waste transfer station.
- State Auditor Greg Griffin is super popular right now: Nearly 600 government agencies face penalties under immigration law
- The GBI has been busy: DFaCS may move to a central call center instead of county offices.
- City of Bowdon requests GBI probe again. Bridg Note: Any bets on the GBI getting so bogged down that some of the more impactful (and politically charged) cases get swept under the rug?
- Those meddling kids: 35yo Atlantan James Carter IV (Carter’s grandson) arranged Romney video’s release. AJC Political Insider reported on Carter IV Tues, but I haven’t seen it on PP and wanted to note it.
- Mayor Reed Will Veto Panhandling Measure, Says New Plan Forthcoming
- Study pushes offshore wind for Georgia, but Gov Deal not inclined to support
- Forbes: Six Georgians among America’s riches
- Accreditation agency to investigate allegations of DeKalb schools mismanagement
- Macon council sets toughest rules allowed on video poker
- VERY presidential, matey.
- All the cool kids are doing it. Don’t you want to be cool?? Online Peer Pressure Boosts Voter Turnout. Bridg Note: Posting an Instagram of my Georgia sticker is really the only reason I go to the polls.
- Nearly 1/3 Of Independents Less Likely To Support Romney After “47 Percent” Remarks
- Probe of Secret Service prostitution scandal may cite White House advance staff involvement
- The Obama You Don’t Know
- Iran ships arms, personnel to Syria via Iraq
- Israel stages largest snap exercise in years deploying troops in the occupied Golan Heights as contingency planning for possible conflicts with Iran and Syria. Bridg note: Me in the Golan Heights last year for your viewing pleasure.
- North Georgia State Fair starts tonight.
- I don’t remotely care about SEC Audibles, but some of you might.
- Riddle me this, Bilbo: The Hobbit Trailer
- You better believe I would: 60% of Smartphone Owners Would Cast Their Ballot on a Mobile App
- Rasmussen: 40% Say Internet Best Way to Get News, 37% Say TV
- Plant Vogtle Unit 1 idled for scheduled refueling. Not particularly riveting except that I learned about 800 workers were brought in for three weeks for the project, and it will equate to about $21M in lost revenue. Nerd.
- BREAKING: Studies show benefits of exercise, bypass surgery for obese