- Shenanigans!! Ex-ethics chief says she was sold out for campaign job. This may end up being it’s own post later today.
- Poverty rate holds steady. “And for a region that has consistently been a leader in high poverty rates, the new numbers are a “big deal,” said Michael Leo Owens, associate professor of political science at Emory University.”
- Georgia asks appeals court for rehearing on immigration law.
- Three qualify on first day for District 30 Senate seat.
- Former House Speaker Glenn Richardson running for state senate seat.
- John Barrow says Lee Anderson is ducking 12th Congressional District debates.
- The GBI Balfourgation: GBI begins criminal investigation of Balfour. In case you were under a rock yesterday…
- In Savannah, 5 more charged in Ft. Stewart military militia case.
- Also in Savannah, Downtown hotel room boom looms. Eyes open: A state representative from the Savannah area is throwing support behind the casino project in Norcross, which will likely give the NJ-based casino operator a statewide non-compete contract on casino business. Just sayin’.
- Atlanta average earnings grew 4% in past five years, yet…
- Georgia tax revenue growth cools to 1.9%
- UPS CEO Davis demands bipartisan debt reduction plan.
- In Jonesboro, Clayton hungry for ‘Hunger Games’ sequel.
- SMDH at this trainwreck: Honey Boo Boo has fans and critics for portrayal of Georgia life.
- U.S. News & World Report has moved the University of Georgia up two notches in its annual ranking of colleges and universities.
- In Gwinnett, Parent upset school testing was planned for Jewish holiday.
- In Fayette County, Man wanted for raping child in Penn. arrested in Peachtree City.
- U.S. State Dept. alerts travelers in wake of embassy protests.
- Diplomat Killed in Libya Told Fellow Gamers: Hope I ‘Don’t Die Tonight’.
- Benjamin Netanyahu vs. Barack Obama
- White House Big Dig Remains A Mystery As Construction Wraps Up. Guess we’ll have to wait on Joe to give us the deets.
- Terrorists, Shmerrorists. FLOTUS: Obesity ‘Absolutely’ Greatest Threat to National Security.
- Behold. The iPhone 5 was unveiled yesterday.
- CDC says ricotta cheese tainted in Ga. and other states.
- It’s Britney, X Factor fans.
- Hooters makes changes to appeal to women
Romney/Ryan 2012 YRNF Deployment
Friday, October 12- Sunday October 14 :: The GYR bus will leave Atlanta on Friday, October 12 bus between 4-5pm; we will return to Atlanta on Sunday evening.The weekend will be filled with long hours of campaigning, and is critical to ensuring a Romney/Ryan victory in Florida! Sign up today by emailing Meagan Hanson at email@example.com to reserve your seat.
GYR Grassroots Deployment
Saturday, September 15th – For GOP nominee for House Eddie Lumdsden (meet at the Rome GOP Headquarters at 10:00am)
Saturday, September 29th – For Rep. Sam Teasley (meet at Cobb GOP Headquarters at 10:00am)
Saturday, October 20th – For Rep. Lee Anderson, 12th District GOP nominee (details TBD)
Saturday, November 3rd and Sunday November 4th – For GOP nominee for Senate Hunter Hill (details TBD)
Phone Banks at Fulton County GOP Headquarters
Thursday, September 20th – 5:30pm – 9:00pm – for Rep. Darlene Taylor
Thursday, October 4th – 5:30pm – 9:00pm – for Rep. Kevin Cooke
Thursday, October 25th – 5:30pm – 9:00pm – for Senator Frank Ginn