Tomorrow is the 11th Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. The GT College Republicans are having a Memorial Service (details below). If you know of other services or gatherings please add them in the comment section.
9/11 Memorial Service at Georgia Tech
Who: Georgia Tech College Republicans (GTCR)
What: Memorial Service for the events of September 11th, 2001
Where: Georgia Tech campus, in front of the Skiles Classroom Building
When: Tuesday, 11 September 2012 from 11:00 A.M. to 12:00 A.M.
Why: The purpose of this memorial service is to honor the victims, first responders, and service members of our Armed Forces who were involved in the terrorist attacks in New York City, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania. The GTCR intends to unite the campus and individuals across the political spectrum for one common American cause.
By remembering and honoring the fallen from 9/11, we will grow stronger as a nation and move forward amidst a turbulent world.
– Telegraph: Setting charter school record straight.
– Gainesville, Hall schools participate in teacher evaluation pilot.
– Two education stories re: Bibb County: Teachers say classroom discipline rules aren’t enforced as Bibb eliminates permanent expulsion from their punishment options.
– Eight Georgia schools were given Blue Ribbons by the Federal DOE.
– Tom Graves is spending less on his Congressional Office this year.
– Teachers in Chicago will go on strike.
– Your creepy campaign photo of the day, courtesy of VP Biden as he tries to cozy up to blue collar voters.
– If Romney wins, Lady Gaga wants us to join her on another planet.
– Going to Church doesn’t necessarily lead to daily Bible reading.
– Those saying the Presidential Election is over need to remember the 1980 campaign. Erick comments on those calling the election for the President.
– Jamie Dupree and Jim Galloway have Party Convention wrap-ups.
– RCP Polling Average: Obama 47.8, Romney 46..
– The Falcons had a solid win on the road yesterday.
– The Braves swept the Mets and have won 5 in a row.
– Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray play for the U.S. Open Tennis Championship today.
– It took her three sets, but Serena Williams won another Women’s U.S. Open Title.
– The latest college football rankings.
Bonus Read: News from the “most ethical” state in America.