Good morning. Raise your mouse if your Facebook and Twitter feeds are completely obnoxious with political posts at this point. Oh, what’s that? It’s gonna get worse? And the brilliant one-liner commentary of “dummycrats” and “Bainman and Ryan” is going to be peppered with and somehow tied to all things football? Awesome – I can’t wait.
- Opponents of Charter Amendments Accuse Supporters of Bullying. Anyone else ever write alternate titles in their head? “Life Lesson on School Bullying: Suck it up, emo kids, because it never really goes away.”
- He said, She Said. Fact checkers correct claims made at DNC.
- In Macon, if your house sits empty without utilities for more than 60 days, you have to register it.
- In Savannah, City Council violates public meeting law. (IMO, this one gets filed under “Teacher, you forgot to take up homework.” Who complains about something like this? The Council needed to quickly come together and assess a situation.)
- In Augusta, SOS results certified Tuesday put the Anderson 159 votes ahead of Rick Allen. Allen wants a recount.
- What? There’s a musicians’ union? The ASO and its 93 musicians haggle over a collective bargaining agreement. Fun fact from article: The average compensation of the musicians is $131,000, including free health and dental coverage, free instrument insurance, pension benefits and eight weeks of paid vacation.
- Jerusalem And God Vote Gets Booed At Dem Convention. CSPAN Video. This topic isn’t over I’m sure…
- “Clinton totally kills it”.
- Emanuel Takes On New Role as a ‘Super PAC’ Wrangler
- Kim Kardashian on her way to Charlotte.
- U.S. sets new record — for national debt.
- Sigh – who really wears this button? It matches nicely with the “Sluts Vote” button.
- BREAKING: War might be making young bodies old.
- Admit it – at some point you’ve wanted to take a stab at someone for messing with your food. Killed Over Cheetos.
- Four Marines accused of beating a gay man. Ok – it’s not funny, but… 1. I question that a bartender fought off four Marines until the police arrived. and 2. The onlookers might’ve had conflicting feelings about what they were seeing. “You just saw fists, and muscles, and tattoos, and all those guys were on top of him,” David, the victim’s boyfriend, said.
- Famous Celebrity Republicans. p.s. IMO Drew Carey was more attractive chubby.
- Politics on Social Networking Sites
- Americans want Wifi on flights, but they don’t want to pay for it. (Truth – I do expect wi-fi to “just be there” as a fairly standard service. It’s just a cost of doing business these days.)
- Faced with a Five-Page Limit, Lawyer Files Cartoon Amicus Brief with Proper Font Size
- iPhone 5 Rumors
- Depressed woman ‘fed herself to crocodiles’ at popular Thai tourist attraction.