We don’t often take ads here at PeachPundit, but when we do…

It’s for Karen Handel’s new book Planned Bullyhood. Please do check out the website and learn more!

Update by Buzz: Here’s an inside look at the book. I replaced the AP story with a better one.

Handel says it’s Planned Parenthood that hasn’t let the issue go, calling the group’s actions “bullying at the height of bullyism.” She says the media blitz continued even after she resigned, and she blames Planned Parenthood for that. “It’s outrageous and it’s one of the reasons why I had to write this book. If someone doesn’t stand up to them and turn around and punch them in the nose, they’re gonna keep doing this over and over and over again. Bullies always have another target.”

1. John Konop says:

Clayton was the mastermind behind the Planned Parenthood situation with Karen, so he could sell ad space. This story will hit the national media soon. 🙂

2. Dave Bearse says:

I anticipate a story of how how Planned Parenthood after 20 years duped the Komen Foundation into withdrawing its funding of Planned Parenthood when Handel came on board, and how Komen mishandled the announcement and its justification despite Handel’s great advice.

3. benevolus says:

Well I will say this- that seems pretty fast to get a book out. She only quit in February. I suspect she was planning to write a book anyway and therefore had a sort of diary to start from.

Bob Dylan comes to mind:
    “And every one of them words rang true
    And glowed like burnin’ coal
    Pourin’ off of every page
    Like it was written in my soul from me to you”

4. fultonrighty says:

I hope Ms Handel didn’t dilute her attack on Planned Parenhood by attacking every one of her other supposed enemies. Sounds like she hits her friend Komen pretty hard–a bit defensive, hmmm?

5. Daddy Got A Gun says:

“Planned Parenthood as an aggressive, partisan organization that was willing to weaken Komen to further a liberal political agenda”

I’m not sure why this is such an awakening for Komen. They should have known this about PP and should have know that they are protected by the media, in this example: Andrea Mitchell.

When a bully hits, you should hit back twice as hard.

6. Three Jack says:

File this in the who cares category right next to any of the many books written by conservatives to warn about Obama being a socialist. Yes he is and yes PP is a powerful organization…next.

7. benevolus says:

#34,518 on Amazon.
    She needs to get Newsmax to buy it in bulk and then give it away when you sign up for the newsletter. That will pump up the sales numbers.

And why is it going on sale Sept. 11 of all dates?

8. heroV says:

No matter what your stance on this, it is clear that Karen Handel really sucked at her job as vice president of public policy at Komen. Komen was made to look terrible throughout that whole ordeal because of a gameplan that Handel set into motion. Now that she “resigned,” how is she at all relevant?

• benevolus says:

I reckon she’s relevant because with a book deal under her belt, another run for governor can’t be far off!

9. fultonrighty says:

For someone who claimed/s to be pro-life, why would she not know the nature of the beast that is Planned Parenthood? Their ruthless tactics and duplicity have not been huge secrets to those who have opposed them for decades. Why did she not know?

• James says:

Sometimes I feel like I live on a different planet than some of you. I can’t name a single woman in my life–my wife, my mother, my relatives, ex-girlfriends, work colleagues, or otherwise–who has anything remotely negative to say about Planned Parenthood and the services it provides. And yet to read some of these comments (“aggressive,” “partisan,” “bully,” “ruthless,” “duplicitous”) and other past comments on this blog, one would think that the organization is pure evil operated by the devil himself.

Can someone explain exactly what it is about PP that you find objectionable? Anyone? I won’t argue — I’m just trying to understand.

• The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

James, what it is that many people in and around these parts find objectionable about Planned Parenthood is that they provide abortions, plain and simple.

I agree that Planned Parenthood provides a lot of great services (cancer screenings, the inherently evil service of providing CONTRACEPTION, etc), but they might get a bit more sympathy around these parts if they ceased or at least separated their abortion services from the rest of the other very important service that they provide as the issue of abortion is one heck of a political lightning rod around these parts if you have not noticed.

The fact that Planned Parenthood provides abortion services is the reason why many people around these parts do in fact think of PP as a form of pure evil that is operated by the devil himself.

• John Konop says:

Fultonrighty,

The problem with attacking Planned Parenthood is 97 percent of their budget is spent on services for women mainly contraception. Only 3 percent is spent on abortion. The fast majority of people support the services provided by Planned Parenthood, especially women. The DNC and Obama are using people like you as a campaign ad. And if Obama wins he will be sending you a thank you note………