The Most Important Choices You’ll Make This Year

August 29, 2012 10:22 am

by Ed · 9 comments

Are you ready for some football?

If you answered yes, you are in luck. Football begins tomorrow, collegiate-like. That means it is time to start the Peach Pundit College Football Pick ‘Em Tournament, now in its sixth or seventh iteration.

To partake in the race to lose to me  To play, go here. Look for GA State is #1, group ID: 16296. The password is: “gopanthers”.

It is never too early to get into the spirit for the NFL season, and with that in mind, I created an NFL pick ‘em tourney too. I declare open the race for second place there too I declare open the competition there too. To do so, go here. Look up group 42727, Peach Pundit Patriots. The password is: “patsbabypats”.

Consider this an open thread to make all sorts of half-baked prognostications about the upcoming seasons.

As Alec Bladwin said in Glengarry Glen Ross–”I’d wish you good luck but you wouldn’t know what to do with it if you got it.”

Ed August 29, 2012 at 10:25 am

‘Bama vs USC (the real one) in the national championship. Trojans win *IF* they stay healthy. They have no depth.

I really hope the aTm QB has a steely resolve. He’s a freshman coming from a town of less than 1500 (IIRC) and starting in the SEC.

Ed August 29, 2012 at 10:35 am

Also, I’d like to point out, there were too mentions of GSU college football in two stories in Sunday’s New York Times. UGA had one mention.

The context for one of GSU’s mentions: “what happens when the Sun Belt, the weakest FBS conference gets raided? It gets weaker…Georgia State joins the conference in 2013.”

Harry August 29, 2012 at 10:56 am

College varsity football is unnecessary and redundant to higher education. High school football is more exciting and convenient. Or, if you enjoy real football get with the NFL.

Joshua Morris August 29, 2012 at 12:50 pm

The NFL is too pretty and arrogant like most other pro sports. I’ll stick to the hopeful pageantry of the college game.

benevolus September 5, 2012 at 9:38 pm

OMG. We agree on something.

Will Durant August 29, 2012 at 1:54 pm

You think the college game is not a “pro sport”? Now the cheerleaders in the college game are amateurs vs some guaranteed pros in the NFL but for the players it is just a matter of scale.

Harry August 29, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Why watch apprentices when you can experience the real thing?

Rick Day August 29, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Oh what the hell. I signed up for the pro league. Guessing college games with my limited knowledge of that faux-pro league is an oversize in ..guessing.

Now, this is the guy who, at the Falcons games, predicts BEFORE the little jumbotron game of “find the football under 1 of the 3 helmets” and gets them right 70% of the time.

Because I’m good like that.

VickAsABrick. That’s me!

Baker September 5, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Whats with all the confidence points business? Do we get extra for that?

Comments on this entry are closed.