Here in Georgia: Anti-Incumbency
- He’s Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill for now — unless he’s convicted before he’s sworn in.
- Another shake-up in Clayton: Chairman Eldrin Bell and Commissioner Wole Ralph lost their seats by wide margins.
- Henry County Chairperson BJ Mathis also lost her seat. She was also just appointed to the GRTA board — no word yet on if Gov. Deal will replace her with the incoming County Chairperson.
- Cobb County Chairman Tim Lee survived a brutal run-off against Bill Byrne.
- Metro Atlanta’s economy performing below the national average
National / International Stories of Interest:
- As much fun as it is to poke fun of Rep. Todd Akin, his views on abortion are that of the GOP.
- POLITICO highlights three lessons from the Georgia runoffs
- Romney’s economic advisory says Fed Chair Bernanke should ‘get every consideration’ to stay past January, 2014.
- Eurozone crisis slows demand for Japanese goods
- Ethiopia mourns the passing of PM Meles Zenawi; international leaders praise him posthumously.
Links I Like: