– Former Savannah Mayor Susan Weiner passed away Saturday. In addition to serving as Mayor, Weiner for many years led the Coverdell Leadership Institute. Inspired by the late Senator Coverdell, CLI sought to prepare Republicans for the day the GOP would earn the majority here in Georgia. It’s easy to forget we haven’t been a “red” State for very long and people like Susan helped make it happen. As a 2001 CLI Graduate, I will miss Susan and I’m glad to have known her.
– Former Columbus Mayor Frank Martin passed away Sunday at the age of 73
– AJC: 2 residents file suit to remove East Point mayor.
– A forensic audit of Bibb County schools cost five times as much as the Superintendent said it would.
– Chatham County spent $322,000 on a project they scrapped.
– Columbus Ledger-Enquirer: The next stage In ‘water war’ negotiations.
– Meet Mitt Romney’s running mate Paul Ryan.
– Unions to picket the Democratic Convention in Charlotte.
– Darrell Issa is poised to sue Eric Holder in the ongoing “fast and furious” scandal.
– Weekend riots in
Bombay, Mumbia, Mumbai.
– RCP Average: Obama 47.7, Romney 43.
– Final Medal Count at the Olympics: USA 104, China 87, Great Britain 65. Yeah Baby Yeah!
– Images from last night’s Closing Ceremony.
– Mark Bradley on Atlanta’s Olympic legacy.
– The Braves still trail the Nationals by 4.5 games but share the wildcard lead with Pittsburgh.
– Tommy Hanson threw five scoreless innings in a rehab assignment in Lawrenceville yesterday.
– Dark Knight Rises was dethroned at the box office.