– TEA Party vs. Mountain voters in the 9th Congressional runoff? And former State Senator Eric Johnson takes sides in the 12th runoff.
– Group calls for repeal of TSPLOST penalties.
– Walter Jones: There are still two Georgias.
– Governor Deal asked State agencies (not the DOE) to prepare for half a billion in cuts through 2014.
– A UGA Grad is the Speaker of the Alabama House. Is this part of some secret plot to annex Alabama?
– Local gun dealers report sales are up in the wake of the Colorado movie theatre shooting.
– In Macon, the Editors urge openness in the transition to a consolidated government.
National & International News
– A mass shooting at a Sikh Temple leaves 6 dead in Wisconsin.
– Adam Smith berated a Chick-Fil-A employee, had his video go viral, lost his job, received threats, and then apologized.
– The situation in Syria remains troubling.
– Italy’s PM warns the European Union could be headed for dissolution.
– President Obama doesn’t like Mitt Romney according to a forthcoming ebook.
– Eric Shanteau of Lilburn won a Gold Medal as a member of the 400 individual medley relay team.
– Former UGA swimmer Allison Schmidt had a pretty good week winning 3 Golds, a Silver, and a Bronze.
– Georgia Tech hurdler Angelo Taylor competes in the 400 meter hurdles final tonight. Taylor is looking for his third Gold in this event, 12 years after his first.
– Augusta native Reese Hoffa won a Bronze medal in the shot put.
– Lawrenceville’s Amanda Weir won Bronze as part of the 400 meter freestyle relay team.
– Apparently there are racists is Lithuania.
– Michael Phelps in the greatest Olympian ever.