Santorum Endorses Martha Zoller In GA 9

Via Twitter:

RT @RickSantorum: Today I’m endorsing @MarthaZoller & look forward to helping her win nomination! @Patriot_Voices ht.ly/cIgwl #GA09

Add this to the list of folks that fit the race as Jim Galloway summed up this morning.  Rick Santorum ain’t from ’round here neither.  But a heck of a lot of people up there in them thar mountains like him and Sarah Palin.

Who are the “insiders” and who is the “establishment”?  We still have a battle of the local endorsements versus the national ones in this race.

The third candidate won’t endorse.

Speculate below as to what happens here.

1. Starker says:

Breaking news…. President Obama and Mitt Romney endorse Martha Zoooler. Who’s the establishment again?

• SFrazier says:

Collins is part of the problem with the GOP legislators. They are empty suits who vote according to party leadership wishes. The GOP needs Collins in congress like we need another Senator Ted Stevens. Martha offers a healthy alternative to our current do nothing legislators.

2. bullFrog says:

Cain, Palin, Levin, Hannity, Santorum, et. al., have long been leaders in the Fair Tax, Tea Party, tax reform arena. I trust they know how to assess one’s statements and actions. Collins, with his failure under the Gold Dome to stand against T-SPLOST, clearly doesn’t measure up to their standards.

Collins does measure up with his fellow 9th district legislative pals (Ralston, Amerson, Rogers) who also approved of T-SPLOST legislation, put it on the ballot, and only ran from it as fast as they could once the 9th district voters became aware of what it entailed.

So many Gold Domers are like cockroaches – shine a little light on them and they scurry for the shadows.

3. you says:

Martha is the right choice. I have had people tell me they never realized how much they agreed with her until Collins started sending mailers out. I am sure he did not plan on his mailers becoming a promotion for Martha. lol

4. Will, the Winner! says:

I have been surprised Doug has not had any big name endorsements. Other than that I could care less about endorsements overall.

• bullFrog says:

Doug has all the bit hitters in the 9th District – all his fellow legislators that approved of T-SPLOST to put it on the ballot – Ralston, Rogers, Amerson – all signers of the no-tax pledge – all violators of that pledge by allowing T-SPLOST on the ballot.

Surprised at no big-name endorsements? They didn’t get to be big names by picking the likes of Collins.

5. Will, the Winner! says:

I will be glad to endorse either Doug or Martha for a small fee. Anyone who is endorsed by me is a WINNER!

6. CobbGOPer says:

Doug’s consultant is Lynn Westmoreland’s former Chief of Staff. I think that makes him the inside-the-beltway candidate.

7. I Miss the 90s says:

In other words, the winner.of another GAGOP primary will bee the person who hates non-wasps and gays the most.