I’ve been out of town this week but heard through the grapevine that TSPLOST didn’t pass. Sweet. Just because I wasn’t for TSPLOST doesn’t mean I’m not for a solution to Atlanta’s traffic issues. The project list simply wasn’t reasonable. Mayor Reed, if you read PP, I’m on board to help with your next solution – no really. Call me, maybe.
- With TSPLOST dominating the airwaves, there wasn’t a ton of conversation on fourteen state lawmakers being defeated or drawn into runoffs. I found it particularly interesting that “In House District 34, Republican incumbent Judy Manning of Marietta (44 percent) was defeated by Charles Gregory of Kennesaw (56 percent).” Charles Gregory, a young Libertarian with light funding during the campaign, is now my representative. Welcome, Rep Gregory. I look forward to working with you to improve Cobb County.
- C’monnn Aug 12 – Cobb finally OKs getting to’ up from the flo’ up on Sundays. TYJ 😉
- The Cobb Chairman’s Race. Buh. My guy didn’t make the runoff. Apathy will truly make this race go either way. It will indeed be a turnout issue on Aug 21. Tim Lee was behind TSPLOST. Bill Byrne got a little tin-foily during the debates. This one’s a toss up, but I’ll still vote against big spending.
- Libertarian David Staples officially qualified for the PSC race yesterday. There’s a high probability of Republicans getting on board to help him against incumbent Stan Wise.
- Voters split on the gambling question. 50.25% voted Yes; 49.75% voted No.
- If you read Peach Pundit, I can only assume you know where to get election results, but here’s a quick link for you.
- Unopposed state Senate candidate disqualified, meaning there will not be a Republican candidate in the general election in state Senate District 35.
- Wow – it’s no longer just Chick-fil-A… Homeland Security is against the LGBTs too? Like the Paris Hilton and the Kardashians, ridiculous over exposure is going to make all LGBT issues whiny white noise.
- China added four golds and three silvers in diving, table tennis, swimming, shooting and weightlifting yesterday.
- Swimming: Phelps and Lochte to clash for last time
- Gas Prices Post Rare, Steep Rise in July
- [snicker at fun title] Missile Defense Staff Warned To Stop Surfing Porn Sites
- Obama authorizes secret U.S. support for Syrian rebels
Items of Interest:
- Chick-fil-A – don’tcha just love it? My FB feed went nuts with your CFA photos yesterday. Crowds flock to Chick-fil-A.
- UGA Alumni Association ‘40 under Forty’ announced. You’ll recognize at least six of the names as Georgia Politicos. Congrats, everyone.