Handel To Co-Chair Committee To Elect Republican Women

July 26, 2012 11:33 am

by Buzz Brockway · 19 comments

The Republican State Leadership Committee (RSLC) has launched a new effort to ” identify, recruit and support 150 qualified women across the country in their campaigns for state level elected office.”

“The number of Republican women elected to state level offices grew over 25 percent last cycle, including tremendous leaders who will become the next generation of elected officials statewide, at the federal level, and one day soon the White House,” said RSLC President Chris Jankowski. “There remains tremendous opportunity as Republican women move to gain the majority of seats held by women elected at the state level. We can and will build on our current momentum to make significant gains in 2012.”

Handel said:

“This effort will provide a great support structure and necessary resources for Republican women running for office. I look forward to electing a greater female representation within the party through this next generation of state-level officials.”

John Vestal July 26, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Will be co-chairing the “Right Women, Right Now” program with former Massachusetts Lt Gov (with Romney) Kerry Healey.

AMB July 26, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I guess someone had to give her a job.

Bridget July 26, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Are you a guy or a girl? That’s a pretty DBish thing to say.

John Konop July 26, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I agree, times a 100!!!

AMB July 26, 2012 at 4:06 pm

All I meant was my prediction came true-after the Komen disaster of her making, there would be silence for several months then some Republican entity would find her a job. The GOP takes care of its own.

Charlie July 26, 2012 at 4:20 pm

It’s not a paid position, and Karen doesn’t need to be taken care of.

AMB July 26, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Somebody needs to edit her online bio pronto. It indicates she is still serving as Secretary of State.
And of course no mention of her Komen disaster.

CobbGOPer July 26, 2012 at 4:44 pm

“The GOP takes care of its own.”

That’s a riot. The GOP takes care of incumbents. Everybody else can go pound sand.

NorthGAGOP July 26, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Typically people serve as volunteers in these roles. Does anyone know if that is true in this case?

you July 26, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Awesome! Go Karen!

CobbGOPer July 26, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Except here in Georgia, where Republican women are usually expected to step aside for men especially when it comes to federal offices or the governor’s mansion. The good ole’ boys don’t like women in the club since they’re generally less obliging of corrupt practices…

CobbGOPer July 26, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Wording counts, eh?

The ‘they’re’ I refer to in the last sentence above is women, not the good ole’ boys.

Calypso July 26, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I’m sure that was understood by all without the need of further clarification, except perhaps by a few hundred males under the gold dome.

CobbGOPer July 26, 2012 at 4:49 pm

If we had some kind of ‘modify’ function, I could have easily corrected it…

Calypso July 26, 2012 at 4:58 pm

If a frog had wings he wouldn’t bump his ass everytime he jumped.
If wishes and buts, were candy and nuts, we’d all have a very Merry Christmas.
If my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle.
If pigs had wings, they could fly.
If I’da known you were a comin’ I’d baked a cake.

CobbGOPer July 26, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I was really directing that at Charlie, since they killed the ‘modify’ function. I’m sure they had a good reason, though.

Calypso July 26, 2012 at 5:48 pm

“I was really directing that at Charlie…”

Yeah, I know that, I was just trying to make a point that we’ve all been asking for the modify feature to be released from the school bus buried in the cave, but so far, to no avail.

Perhaps it’s an option on the latest version of WordPress and PP doesn’t have the spare change to swing it.

chamblee54 July 26, 2012 at 7:53 pm

1- If pigs could fly, who would clean up?
2- Mrs. Handel’s fifteen minutes must be over. A post about her only gets 18 comments.
chamblee54

NorthGAGOP July 27, 2012 at 10:10 am

“Mrs. Handel’s fifteen minutes must be over” – so much so that she was tagged to lead a nationwide effort to elect more female republicans.

Comments on this entry are closed.