Handel To Co-Chair Committee To Elect Republican Women

The Republican State Leadership Committee (RSLC) has launched a new effort to ” identify, recruit and support 150 qualified women across the country in their campaigns for state level elected office.”

“The number of Republican women elected to state level offices grew over 25 percent last cycle, including tremendous leaders who will become the next generation of elected officials statewide, at the federal level, and one day soon the White House,” said RSLC President Chris Jankowski. “There remains tremendous opportunity as Republican women move to gain the majority of seats held by women elected at the state level. We can and will build on our current momentum to make significant gains in 2012.”

Handel said:

“This effort will provide a great support structure and necessary resources for Republican women running for office. I look forward to electing a greater female representation within the party through this next generation of state-level officials.”

1. CobbGOPer says:

Except here in Georgia, where Republican women are usually expected to step aside for men especially when it comes to federal offices or the governor’s mansion. The good ole’ boys don’t like women in the club since they’re generally less obliging of corrupt practices…

• CobbGOPer says:

Wording counts, eh?

The ‘they’re’ I refer to in the last sentence above is women, not the good ole’ boys.

• Calypso says:

I’m sure that was understood by all without the need of further clarification, except perhaps by a few hundred males under the gold dome.

• Calypso says:

If a frog had wings he wouldn’t bump his ass everytime he jumped.
            If wishes and buts, were candy and nuts, we’d all have a very Merry Christmas.
            If my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle.
            If pigs had wings, they could fly.
            If I’da known you were a comin’ I’d baked a cake.

• CobbGOPer says:

I was really directing that at Charlie, since they killed the ‘modify’ function. I’m sure they had a good reason, though.

• Calypso says:

“I was really directing that at Charlie…”

Yeah, I know that, I was just trying to make a point that we’ve all been asking for the modify feature to be released from the school bus buried in the cave, but so far, to no avail.

Perhaps it’s an option on the latest version of WordPress and PP doesn’t have the spare change to swing it.

• NorthGAGOP says:

“Mrs. Handel’s fifteen minutes must be over” – so much so that she was tagged to lead a nationwide effort to elect more female republicans.