Here in Georgia…
- Senate Majority Leader Chip Rogers (R-Woodstock) came out against the TSPLOST yesterday.
- Metro Atlanta has seen gas prices jump by 8-cents.
- The Georgia Chamber of Commerce has posted candidate surveys for the 2012 election.
- Houston County deputies have been suspended for using a pressure washer on an inmate.
- DeKalb County taxpayers will see a tax hike to fund a school budget shortfall.
National stories of interest…
- President Obama yesterday endorsed extending tax cuts for everyone except income earners making more than $250,000.
- Some Senate Democrats may not be willing to go along with President Obama’s tax plan.
- A majority of Americans say Obama has brought change for the worse.
- Mitt Romney outraised Obama by $35 million last month.
- Nouriel Roubini says a “perfect storm” is gathering for global economic crisis.
- What will ObamaCare ?
- DonLOLd Trump: Statesman of the Year.
- Law enforcement requests for cell phone information is on the rise.
- Tim Carney notes the building case for free markets over big business.
- A majority of voters back House Republicans on their move to find Eric Holder in contempt.
- Americans in political extremes are happier than moderates.
Other links around the web…
- Andrelton Simmons, the Braves’ rookie phenom, will miss a month due to a hand injury.
- Vince Dooley weighs in on Isaiah Crowell.
- The Washington Monument may be closed until 2014.
- It sounds counterintuitive, but a marijuana-based drug may help with obesity.
- Chipper Jones will be honored by the Braves on September 28th.