Here in Georgia…
– Senate Majority Leader Chip Rogers (R-Woodstock) came out against the TSPLOST yesterday.
– Metro Atlanta has seen gas prices jump by 8-cents.
– The Georgia Chamber of Commerce has posted candidate surveys for the 2012 election.
– Houston County deputies have been suspended for using a pressure washer on an inmate.
– DeKalb County taxpayers will see a tax hike to fund a school budget shortfall.
National stories of interest…
– President Obama yesterday endorsed extending tax cuts for everyone except income earners making more than $250,000.
– Some Senate Democrats may not be willing to go along with President Obama’s tax plan.
– A majority of Americans say Obama has brought change for the worse.
– Mitt Romney outraised Obama by $35 million last month.
– Nouriel Roubini says a “perfect storm” is gathering for global economic crisis.
– What will ObamaCare ?
– DonLOLd Trump: Statesman of the Year.
– Law enforcement requests for cell phone information is on the rise.
– Tim Carney notes the building case for free markets over big business.
– A majority of voters back House Republicans on their move to find Eric Holder in contempt.
– Americans in political extremes are happier than moderates.
Other links around the web…
– Andrelton Simmons, the Braves’ rookie phenom, will miss a month due to a hand injury.
– Vince Dooley weighs in on Isaiah Crowell.
– The Washington Monument may be closed until 2014.
– It sounds counterintuitive, but a marijuana-based drug may help with obesity.
– Chipper Jones will be honored by the Braves on September 28th.