1. Calypso says:

Well, that about wraps it up for me. Aunt Evelyn’s little ditty has convinced me that Sheffield is the one.

That is, only if this race was for Second Assistant for the Hospitality Committee of the local elementary school PTA instead of for someone who thinks they are congressional material.

I don’t live in this congressional district.

2. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

Had to check the calendar to make sure it’s not April 1st.

But is that really being aired on TV? Worst political ad I’ve ever seen.

• Lawton Sack says:

Thanks for the interesting GA political history. (I honestly mean that).

Let’s see, this was Fall of 1992. I was a sophomore in high school. So, I was following girls and sports. The Braves had another great season in 1992.

• Calypso says:

“I was a sophomore in high school.”

Lawton, I think I have undershirts at home older than you.

• I do remember voting for Bill Clinton in 1992 for a mock election, though. I thought it was cool that we was going on Arsenio playing the saxophone and he had a daughter around my age. (Mock elections in High School don’t show up in Voter Vault or my voting history, right?)

• Napoleon says:

My mock vote for George H.W. Bush was my final break with my youthful flirtation with the Democratic Party. I did vote (gasp) for Dukakis in the 1988 mock school election. I think I may have been the only one in my school who did that.

3. saltycracker says:

It’s a sign of strange times to use seniors being colliquial, children to campaign with “vote for my Dad” signs and unions to hire street people to carry signs.

4. BillyBobTalksPolitics says:

Maria sweetheart…please retire from this campaign. Your skills can be best served elsewhere than in this congressional race.