Here in Georgia…
- The City of Atlanta is looking at implementing a smoking ban in public parks.
- With the Supreme Court’s decision on ObamaCare in, Gov. Nathan Deal is still uncertain about what path he’ll take.
- Beltline officials have spent taxpayer dollars liberally.
- Pros and Cons of the TSPLOST
- Beer and win at Starbucks? Yup.
- In the latest of a series of great posts, Joanie Scott continues to look at ethical issues in Henry County.
National stories of interest…
- Battlefield Iowa: Obama, Romney realize this state is key in 2012.
- Democrats are ramping up their attacks on Mitt Romney’s money.
- The U.S. is increasing its military presence in the Gulf as tensions with Iran rise.
- Conor Friedersdorf explains that the individual mandate isn’t the biggest threat to liberty in America.
- There has been a lot of tough talk about China lately, but that’s not going to help our economy.
- Dave Weigel explains that former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson could make a difference in 2012.
- Republicans apparently support the death panels they’ve long criticized.
- Decriminalization does not mean more drug use.
- There is a lot of tension on the Supreme Court.
- Speaking of tension, relations between the U.S. and Canada have somewhat soured.
- Mitch McConnell gives the GOP a 50-50 chance of taking the Senate.
- BuzzFeed posted this clip of Barack Obama, then an Illinois State Senator, criticizing George W. Bush on jobs. Unemployment was under 6% at the time.
- Here are five reasons why Americans should care about the Eurozone crisis.
- The AP notes that libertarians could be a crucial swing vote in 2012.
Other links around the web…
- SCOTUSblog looks at the news coverage as the ObamaCare decision was announced. It’s long, but worth a read.
- The Olympics apparently means sexy times.
- Here’s a look at the new media operation ahead of the baseball’s all-star festivities.
- Liquor and wine prices have jumped by 79% in 30 years. Here’s why.