Here in Georgia…
– Georgia is America’s most corrupt state.
– It’s going to be a hot week, folks.
– Six Feet Under has been named Atlanta’s best outside bar.
– Police are cracking down on boating while under the influence.
National stories of interest…
– National Review reports that Rep. Paul Ryan is being vetted for VP.
– Politico explains how the Fast and Furious scandal came to a head.
– Getting married and want to support Barack Obama?
– John Bolton may be Mitt Romney’s top choice for Secretary of State.
– Are we on the cusp of a global recession?
– Ed Crane, president of the Cato Institute, will be leaving the think tank under the terms of an agreement to settle a lawsuit filed by Charles and David Koch.
– Many Americans are renouncing their citizenship and leaving the country to avoid stiff tax bills.
– Nate Silver looks at the “house effects” of different polling firms.
– TSA could be coming to mass transit.
– The GOP recently purchased an Ancestry.com account for Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren.
– High-speed rail is dead in California.
– The Senate voted last week to end taxpayer funding of political party conventions.
– Ezra Klein wonders if Europe is trying to force Greece out of the EuroZone.
– Joe Biden once compared the individual mandate to a “socialist” health care system.
Other links around the web…
– The Exorcist has been adapted for a play.
– Here are six conspiracy theories that actually went downare some reasons why you can still smile despite his winning a championship.
– Here’s a look at how we die today compared to 1900.