Here in Georgia…
- DeKalb County may cut school days to help deal with the budget shortfall.
- DOT has produced a study claiming that rapid transit between Savannah and Jacksonville is possible.
- Thomas Wheatley explores whether GRTA can deliver on TSPLOST promises.
- A disbarred judge from North Georgia is suing over his firing.
- Voters weren’t interested in a recent TSPLOST townhall in Cobb County.
- State Rep. Mark Hamilton defends the legislature’s record on ethics.
National stories of interest…
- The Fed will continue Operation Twist and has lowered economic estimates for the year.
- A bid to stop EPA coal regulations was shot down in the Senate yesterday.
- Only a third of Americans back ObamaCare.
- A new study warns that Barack Obama’s proposed tax hikes would hit businesses hard.
- Nate Silver looks at what Obama’s new immigration policy means in 2012.
- Asians have overtaken Hispanics as the fastest-growing racial group in the United States.
- Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is floating the idea of a grand bargain on the budget.
- Republicans won the political fight over ObamaCare.
- Joe Scarborough explains how Mitt Romney needs to tread carefully in picking his running mate.
- Jon Huntsman has joined the Brookings Institute.
- An Oregon State University professor was fired after expressing skepticism about climate change.
- No, Romney wouldn’t turn the US into Ireland.
- Hispanics could mean trouble for the GOP in eight states.
- According to a new Gallup poll, Americans faith in public schools has fallen to a new low.
- Donald Boudreaux explains how immigrant labor helps Americans.
A few that I like…
- Brandon Beachy will be out for some time due to Tommy John surgery.
- A consensus has been reached for a BCS playoff.
- The full-length trailer for The Dark Knight Rises has been released.
- The New Yorker isn’t fond of the new HBO show, The Newsroom.
- Remember those hideous future uniforms the MLB wore in the late 90′s?
- An episode of Futurama takes at least a year to make.