Here in Georgia…
- Roll Call wonders if Rep. John Barrow and other vulnerable members can beat the odds this fall.
- Gov. Deal has prevented a gas tax hike.
- The ACLU will hold a protest on June 26th in Atlanta against torture.
- There was a free speech victory last week in Valdosta.
- Atlantic Station has banned smoking.
- Rep. Austin Scott has introduced legislation to curb use of unmanned drones.
- CrefLOL DLOLar.
National stories of interest…
- Barack Obama says the private sector is “doing fine.”
- Romney is already knocking Obama’s comments.
- An early analysis of fall races shows that the GOP will hold the House and possibly take the Senate.
- Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) has found $70 billion in unspent federal funding.
- Jeb Bush says Obama should give Dubya a hat-tip on foreign policy.
- Michael Bloomberg’s soda ban won’t prevent New Yorkers from buying a Big Gulp.
- Fitch downgraded Spain.
- Here are the 20 countries with the best chance of defaulting on their debt.
- The favorability of the SCOTUS has dropped.
- “Obama Girl” won’t endorse Obama.
- S&P says the outlook for the US is “negative.”
A few that I like…
- Over 2,000 former football players have filed suit against the NFL over related head injuries. In other news, frequent blows to the head will cause you problems later in life.
- UniWatch looks at MLB uniform oddities.
- The Religious Right turns 33.