Here in Georgia…
– Roll Call wonders if Rep. John Barrow and other vulnerable members can beat the odds this fall.
– Gov. Deal has prevented a gas tax hike.
– The ACLU will hold a protest on June 26th in Atlanta against torture.
– There was a free speech victory last week in Valdosta.
– Atlantic Station has banned smoking.
– Rep. Austin Scott has introduced legislation to curb use of unmanned drones.
– CrefLOL DLOLar.
National stories of interest…
– Barack Obama says the private sector is “doing fine.”
– Romney is already knocking Obama’s comments.
– An early analysis of fall races shows that the GOP will hold the House and possibly take the Senate.
– Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) has found $70 billion in unspent federal funding.
– Jeb Bush says Obama should give Dubya a hat-tip on foreign policy.
– Michael Bloomberg’s soda ban won’t prevent New Yorkers from buying a Big Gulp.
– Fitch downgraded Spain.
– Here are the 20 countries with the best chance of defaulting on their debt.
– The favorability of the SCOTUS has dropped.
– “Obama Girl” won’t endorse Obama.
– S&P says the outlook for the US is “negative.”
A few that I like…
– Over 2,000 former football players have filed suit against the NFL over related head injuries. In other news, frequent blows to the head will cause you problems later in life.
– UniWatch looks at MLB uniform oddities.
– The Religious Right turns 33.