Yes, it’s Thursday, not Friday. I need more sleep.
Here in Georgia…
- In case you haven’t seen it, here is Atlanta’s TSPLOST list (PDF).
- The Feds may cap housing official salaries.
- Joe Henchman goes through some of the top state tax trends during the tough economic climate (you have to check back daily to see the latest).
- Macon will host the filming of a new flick about Jackie Robinson.
- The Sweet Auburn district in Atlanta is endangered.
National stories of interest…
- Peter Suderman goes over the latest CBO report on long-term budget issues.
- Scott Walker’s victory wasn’t about the money.
- The Fix has the winners and losers from the Wisconsin recall election.
- It’s gonna be a close Senate race in Virginia.
- Doug Mataconis explains the problems with the Paycheck Fairness Act.
- House Republicans plan to introduce a domestic energy plan.
- WaPo has posted a new fact check on spending growth under Obama.
- The federal government plans to sell off stock in several banks.
- Mitch Daniels is still pushing for a truce in the GOP on social issues.
- The Supreme Court will take up California’s Proposition 8.
- ObamaCare’ medical device tax is putting people out of work.
- American Crossroads is slamming Obama on the debt with a $7 million ad buy.
- Doug Bandow argues that Congress should cut spending by going after “sacred cows.”
- Bill Clinton and Larry Summers say that the Bush tax cuts should be temporarily extended.
- New Yorkers oppose Mayor Bloomberg’s latest nanny state crusade.
- Not every country on the Euro is struggling.
- Ilya Shapiro explains Obama’s constitutional problems.
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA **breathe** HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
A few that I like…
- Facebook ads aren’t working well.
- Penn Jillete chats with The Blaze about atheism.
- Have a LinkedIn account? You may want to change your password.
- Taco Bell is getting classy, or something.
- Half of senior citizens are now online.
- Timothy Lee isn’t a fan of Comcast.
- Miss the transit of Venus? Watch it here.