Happy Birthday Erick

Our co-founder and Editor Emeritus, WSB radio personality, CNN Contributor, and Redstate.com editor Erick Erickson is having a birthday today.

One would have hoped by the time he was his age he wouldn’t have to be holding down so many jobs just to feed his family.  The only question is whether Bush or Obama is to blame for the horrible economy that forces the moonlighting.

Happy Birthday Erick, and OPEN THREAD:

1. The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

Happy Birthday Erick.

As for who is to blame for the horrible economy that forces so much moonlighting…Is it everybody’s favorite really big-spending “Big Government Conservative” George W. Bush or is it the even really bigger-spending “Big Government Liberal (Socialist)” Barack H. Obama?

That’s a good question about two really big-spending non checkbook-balancing idiots who should have never been allowed within 1,000 miles of the Oval Office in the place.

George W. Bush’s “Fussy Math” vs. Barack H. Obama’s “Rich people need to pay their fair share” is quite the dilemma to decide upon.

Over $10 TRILLION more in debt added in just 11 years by two financially-illiterate [slack-offs] to a debt that it had taken 212 years to grow to $5 trillion.

…And Buzz wonders why I am so mad?

Just take one look at the National Debt Clock and you’ll get your answer as to where my “rage” comes from. 🙁

• I understand why you’re mad. We’re all mad at the crappy situation our nation is in but you can’t let it ruin your life. Most of the time you’re so mad I don’t even read your comments. Try to persuade people rather than just being angry.

“Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” ― St. Francis of Assisi

• The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

Buzz, thanks for the encouraging words, they’re greatly appreciated.

I will definitely take your advice into consideration.

But like Rock ‘N’ Roll superstar Dee Snider and much of the rest of the country, I’m just not gonna take it anymore.

• The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

Though, you’ve got to give me some credit as I stayed away from commenting on Erick’s SWATing incident where that liberal POS blogger has been calling the SWAT team to conservatives’ homes in an effort to get them hurt, because I knew that I would have likely gotten so angry that I may have done something “regretful” (I’ll just leave it at that).

I mean, we all know that political discussions can get heated sometimes and we all prone to having disagreements over policy and what not, but to go after someone’s family and want to cause them physical harm over political viewpoints? Not only is that way beyond the pale of even heated debate, but that is simply disgusting, totally sickening and completely abhorrent.

I mean when I hear stuff like that it makes me personally want to go after that sick little you-know-want, hunt him down like the rabid dog that he is and find some really creative ways to make him say “UNCLE”.

But I won’t do that because even with the anger issues that I supposedly have that people keep telling me about, I would like to think that I am above stooping down to his despicable and disgusting level of gutter politics and dangerous and even deadly stunts.

Though I do very much get the gist of your advice….Less anger, more persuasion.

• The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

Doubling a 212-year $5 trillion debt in only eight years and paving the way for a guy who is basically an admitted Communist (“Rich people need to pay their fair share) to take office is just a tad bit more than a “migrane”.

Bush was more like a degenerative brain tumor serving as a precursor to Obama’s brain cancer.

But then again, being $16 TRILLION in the hole (that’s TRILLION with a “T”) shouldn’t be all that much of a surprise after having a President who seemingly couldn’t read, write, spell, speak, count or balance a checkbook all that well followed by a President who’s openly pines to raise the taxes of everyone who is worth over $200,000 during a deep economic downturn just to spite “the rich” (…”the rich” as in the people who frequently help save a President’s bacon by hiring people and creating jobs to help bring the nation up out of economic slumps).

2. anonazon says:

Wow that is the only question: Bush or Obama? Recall the bipartisan Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act went right through the Congress and Clinton signed it repealing Glass-Steagall. Do you think legalizing a previously illegal insurance derivatives market might have something to do with “the horrible economy that forces the moonlighting?”

• The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

In addition to the mega-spending ways of both Bush and Obama, that also has A LOT to do with the “Little House of Horrors”-type economy that we are now deeply mired in.