Here in Georgia…
– Here is the final installment with Rep. Tom Graves on FreedomWorks’ Tea Time.
– A new stadium for the Falcons will cost more than potential revenue.
– The AJC dives into the freebies from lobbyists that Don Balfour has racked up.
– Page Pate discusses the Judicial Nominating Commission.
– Joanie Scott explores the taxpayer-owned golf course boondoggle in Henry County.
National stories of interest…
– No, President Barack Obama has not been fiscally responsible. More here.
– Mitt Romney used Memorial Day to claim that the world is a dangerous place that requires a strong military.
– Anarchist groups are promising trouble in London during the Olympics.
– Dick Lugar won’t actively campaign for his former opponent, who beat him for the GOP Senate nomination in Indiana.
– Does it matter if a presidential candidate doesn’t have military experience?
– The DNC is downplaying the recall election against Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, indicating that they don’t expect to win.
– George Will isn’t a fan of Donald Trump.
– Here are seven ways to be indefinitely detained.
– According to a Florida judge, flashing your lights to warn other drivers of a speed trap is protected speech.
– Another federal judge has stuck down the Defense of Marriage Act.
– A plurality of Americans label themselves as “fiscally conservative” on economics.
– American Airlines kicked a woman off a flight because of her t-shirt.
A few that I like…
– Cardinals: 8, Braves: 2
– Btw, the Braves have dropped eight straight games.
– There was a great moment yesterday before the game when a family was reunited with their father, who had been serving in Afghanistan.
– The bicentennial of the War of 1812 is approaching.