Here in Georgia…
– Rep. Tom Graves recently sat down to chat with Max Pappas of FreedomWorks. You can watch Part 1 here and Part 2 here.
– Should troubled school systems, like DeKalb, drop sports programs?
– Virginia Galloway shares school spending numbers.
National stories of interest…
– The CBO says that coming tax hikes could throw the economy back into a recession.
– Kathleen Parker discusses John Roberts, ObamaCare, and the Supreme Court.
– Avik Roy explains why closing Medicare’s “donut hole” is a bad idea.
– Marco Rubio says that the Senate is too polarizing.
– The Mitt Romney bullying story doesn’t matter to voters.
– Donald Trump wants to speak at the RNC.
– Senators had their chance yesterday to grill the Secret Service director over the prostitution scandal.
– Beware of political polling.
– Romney trails Obama among Hispanics.
– The Facebook IPO may face a congressional inquiry.
– Romney is calling for more school choice and promising 6% unemployment by the end of his first term.
– A hefty number of doctors say they refuse to take on more Medicare and Medicaid patients.
– The Washington Post calls on Obama to bring back school vouchers for DC.
– A House Republicans wants to allow kids to stay on their parents health insurance until they are 31.
– Support for gay marriage is at an all-time high.
– Michael Tanners says the GOP isn’t serious about cutting spending.
– Mitt Romney leads Obama in Florida.
A few that I like…
– If you put all the iPhone 5 rumors together, here’s what you’d get.
– According to SmartMoney, more that a third of divorce filings contain the word “Facebook.”
– The RIAA says LimeWire owes $72 trillion in damages.
– Mike Schur of Parks and Recreation talks Ron Swanson.
– How do the airlines compare on quality?
– What deal should the Braves make at the trade deadline?