Phillip Phillips: Local Boy Does Good

I’ll admit I haven’t been following the show, but given the amount of Phillip Phillip tweets filling my news feed the last couple of weeks, I tuned in last night.  Seems like the young man has a bright future ahead of him.

Leesburg, and the rest of Georgia, is also quite proud of the homegrown talent.

Good luck Mr. Phillips on your bright future.

OPEN THREAD:

1. Calypso says:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps if you are a little more forthcoming with information about Mr. Phillips, we can check him out for ourselves.

Good evening Mr. and Mrs. America and all the ships at sea.

• saltycracker says:

Proof there are sillier things you can do to burn time than read PP on a smart phone.

2. SallyForth says:

YESSSS! I confess that American Idol has been my guilty pleasure the last few weeks, rooting for our humble Georgia boy with the great creative talent. When he cried tonight, I did too. He has worked hard pushing through lots of pain from a bad kidney problem, a fine example of good old Georgia work ethic – came out week after week and delivered great performances.

I know, I’m a homer – but this guy is admirable and does us proud. I hope he gets that kidney stent removed as soon as possible and the restructuring surgery, recuperates quickly and goes on to a successful career. You better believe I’ll be buying his cd’s and going to his concerts, for sure. 🙂

3. Calypso says:

Ahhh, an American Idol contestant. Now I know why I’ve never heard of him. Carry on.

4. jiminga says:

It’s interesting that some comments here come from people who dislike music, have never been to a concert, and somehow think people who think differently must be inferior.

I’m a geezer and confess to enjoying music since childhood, as well as solid singing performances. The two finalists represented the best of two genres and Phillip won because the fans were able to recognize how good his future concerts would be. The guy is a performer, not just a singer, and deserved the win. And being from Leesburg/Albany is a plus.

• saltycracker says:

Failure to watch American idol on tv makes one a music hater or even care if you watch it – next you’ll knock J. Buffett or A. Jackson…..or the Eagles…

5. Joshua Morris says:

Based on the title of the post, I thought this would be about some kind of community service he did or something.