Happy birthday, Nathan!
Here in Georgia…
- Georgia Republicans will be asked about three issues on their primary ballots in July, including casino gambling and ethics reform.
- Atlanta is interested in a new bowl game between SEC and Big 12 schools.
- Douglasville Mayor Harvey Persons has come under fire for his recent veto of Sunday sales.
- Gov. Nathan Deal has formally switched his support to Mitt Romney.
- Jonie Scott explains how Henry County found itself with a $10 million budget gap.
National stories of interest…
- There is lots of lobbying going on in the White House.
- Nancy Pelosi says that 75 Republican-held House seats are in play.
- Newt Gingrich ended his campaign $4.8 million in the hole.
- The proposed tax aimed at Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin is being described as a witch-hunt.
- The Lockerbie bomber has died in Libya.
- Occupy Wall Street may have overstayed their welcome.
- Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) was forced to sell his dream home due to falling home values and the switch from a lucrative private gig to a Senator’s salary.
- Conor Friedersdorf explains why attacking Rev. Jeremiah Wright is a bad strategy for Republicans.
- James Pethokoukis shows the stagnation in our economy.
- With Facebook going public, here is Politico’s six worst gaffes by politicians on the social media site.
- House Republicans can’t be bothered with that pesky Fifth Amendment.
- Tea Party freshman in the House have been drinking the kool-aid.
- Some House Republicans are working to lift the earmark ban.
- The Obama Administration has slapped tariffs on Chinese solar panels.
A few that I like…
- People seem fascinated by yesterday’s eclipse.
- Is the MPAA changing its tune on piracy?
- Braves: 2, Rays: 0
- Calvin Johnson isn’t a bad hitter.
- Here are the latest iPhone 5 rumors.
- The music scene in one Texas town has been a boost for the economy.
- I’ve launched a new baseball blog, called AtLOLnta.