Here in Georgia…
– Douglasville’s Mayor vetoed Sunday sales.
– Buckle up. Georgia is launching a “Click it or Ticket” campaign on Monday.
– Screen on the Green has been cancelled.
– Athens-Clarke County is considering laws aimed at Occupy protesters.
– Woodstock is coming to Porterdale.
National stories of interest…
– Republicans are developing a strategy to deal with ObamaCare, whether the Supreme Court upholds the law or not.
– Liberal groups are planning their own way to address the Supreme Court’s pending decision in the case.
– With President Obama trailing in North Carolina, the DNC’s decision to hold its convention in Charlotte may be backfiring.
– Mitt Romney slammed Obama on the budget deficit with a debt clock as a prop.
– Obama and Democrats raised over $43 million last month, though that’s down from March.
– Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker leads his recall opponent by 6 points.
– Looks like Obama has a problem with another no name primary challenger.
– The relationship between Sen. Jim DeMint and Republican leadership is on shaky ground.
– Some members of Congress are willing to sacrifice their pay until they get a budget passed.
– Bill Clinton says that the middle class will have to pay more taxes.
– Did the Club for Growth back the wrong candidate, and by extension help the GOP establishment, in Nebraska?
– Republicans would do well to heed these numbers on religion.
– Thus far, the evidence in the Trayvon Martin shooting is backing George Zimmerman’s side of the story.
– Congress tried to pass a tax hike in the student loan bill.
– Grover Norquist says that Romney should pick Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal for his running mate.
– Judge Andrew Napolitano asks why the Justice Department is investigating JP Morgan and not Fast and Furious.
– Americans overwhelmingly want Obama to stop cracking down on medical marijuana.
– Matt Lewis explores whether Sarah Palin is biased toward female candidates.
– The rough economy has been hard on older Americans.
– Sen. Carl Levin really wants Obama to be able to detain Americans.
A few that I like…
– Marlins: 8, Braves: 4
– A minor league homerun derby will be held on the USS Yorktown.
– Here are 16 misperceptions about China.
– A teaser poster for the new Anchorman flick was released this week.
– Peter Suderman reviews The Dictator.
– Times have been announced for the Chick-fil-a kickoff games.
– Here are five great shows for a recession.
– Will the Braves re-sign Brian McCann?