Here in Georgia…
– John Smoltz will speak at the Atlanta Press Club on Monday.
– Reps. John Lewis and Hank Johnson have signed onto a lawsuit to end the filibuster.
– Atlanta Public Schools approved some 500 job cuts yesterday.
National stories of interest…
– Mitt Romney is due to make a major speech about the budget deficit today in Iowa.
– Ann Romney was recently compared to Stalin and Hitler on MSNBC.
– Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker leads his recall race by nine points.
– California will attempt to solve its continuing budget woes by raising taxes on the rich.
– Family Guy poked at the Tea Party on Sunday.
– FAMU’s band will remain on the sidelines for another year.
– Is the GOP having an internal debate over gay marriage?
– The Pentagon conducted a study about studies.
– You can’t buy a Coke or a pack of gum with a debit card anymore.
A few that I like…
– Gallup shows that Americans are the happiest they’ve been since 2008.
– Will the Braves resign Michael Bourn?
– National Journal provides demographics of America’s war veterans.
– Georgia Bulldogs star Aaron Murray has graduated.
– Rumor is that the iPhone 5 will be completely redesigned.
– A fatty meal hits your waist in three hours.
– Parks and Recreation has been renewed for another season.
– The USFL is making a comeback?