Here in Georgia…
- John Smoltz will speak at the Atlanta Press Club on Monday.
- Reps. John Lewis and Hank Johnson have signed onto a lawsuit to end the filibuster.
- Atlanta Public Schools approved some 500 job cuts yesterday.
National stories of interest…
- Mitt Romney is due to make a major speech about the budget deficit today in Iowa.
- Ann Romney was recently compared to Stalin and Hitler on MSNBC.
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker leads his recall race by nine points.
- California will attempt to solve its continuing budget woes by raising taxes on the rich.
- Family Guy poked at the Tea Party on Sunday.
- FAMU’s band will remain on the sidelines for another year.
- Is the GOP having an internal debate over gay marriage?
- The Pentagon conducted a study about studies.
- You can’t buy a Coke or a pack of gum with a debit card anymore.
A few that I like…
- Gallup shows that Americans are the happiest they’ve been since 2008.
- Will the Braves resign Michael Bourn?
- National Journal provides demographics of America’s war veterans.
- Georgia Bulldogs star Aaron Murray has graduated.
- Rumor is that the iPhone 5 will be completely redesigned.
- A fatty meal hits your waist in three hours.
- Parks and Recreation has been renewed for another season.
- The USFL is making a comeback?