Updated House, Senate Candidate Spreadsheets

Qualifying for House and Senate races begins two weeks from today. A number of candidates have made their intentions known already and are out there asking for donations and votes. We’re doing our best to keep you informed of the names of those candidates and which district they’re running in. Below are the most recent spreadsheets of House and Senate races showing the incumbent and the challengers. This information comes from the DOI filings and news reports. If you have information about a candidate running for State level office please either post it in the comments or email me at buzzbrockway-at-gmail.com. Please tell us about *real* candidates, not trial balloons or sock puppet foolishness.

State House:

State Senate:

Someone in the comments asked me about posting the new district lines over a street map so folks can determine their new districts. I tried to import those maps into Google Maps but the files are too large.

The best way to view that information is in Google Earth. Download Google Earth (file here) then go to this website and download the various Google Earth files. Open Google Earth then click on “open” and open the House, Senate or Congressional map files you saved to your computer.

That’s the best I can come up with until one of our readers comes up with a better solution.

• SallyForth says:

That would be me, Buzz – thanks to you and 22bons for the responses. I appreciate your effort on the google earth maps, which are fun to play with though a bit hard to follow district lines. I especially like the AJC maps, which are easier for folks like me to navigate. Thanks, guys.

1. Senate District 52, Chad Whitefield withdrew due to a business deal he landed for his company. Was reported in all local media several weeks ago.

2. Calypso says:

Hey Buzz, I see your token opposition folded before your first hard-hitting mailer went out. I was looking forward to reading the dirt you uncovered. Chickens.

• Charlie says:

He threatened to challenge me on residency requirements since I claimed last Friday to live in Sharon Cooper’s district. As if anything you read on the internets is true.

• Calypso says:

So now Ms. Cooper is the one getting the boot?

“As if anything you read on the internets is true.” Only the stuff you write. 😉

• Charlie says:

Well if you connect the dots, Sharon Cooper has been threatened with primary opposition by Dan Becker/GRTL/fakePEACH TEA Party. I live in Sharon Cooper’s district, and everyone knows I have unending ambition to be a backbench member in the Georgia General Assembly.

It’s about time you people figured out that I am Dan Becker’s hand picked candidate to challenge Representative Cooper.

Hard to believe Becks and I kept that quiet for this long.

3. concerned GA says:

Is someone going to challenge John Albers?? I have heard that Dick Anderson is staying at the Federal Reserve,but there are others like Steve Handel thinking about it. Surely, north fulton will not fall for this idiot again. He is truly below any sensible standard. He has lied about running a major business at AT&T (he was a tech), he lied about graduating from UL (he attended), he says he is a business executive (he isn’t), he says he is a person of his word (his former employer sued him for stealing information)……. Someone, anyone, please run!!!

• Charlie says:

You do know that most sock puppet rookies on political blogs start by choosing the name “Concerned __” and then begin by asking questions that they already know the answer to, right?

We do.

4. NorthGeorgiaGirl says:

I see a ? in Senate 14….Loudermilk, Greenberg, and ?

Is there a third? The Mystery Man/Woman?

5. Rambler1414 says:

This morning, Brandon Beach, president of the North Fulton Chamber of Commerce and a member of state transportation board, announced that he would challenge Senate Majority Leader Chip Rogers in the July 31 primary.