Ridiculousness

ICYMI…

The Democratic Party of Georgia has been engaged in internecine fighting since February.

On Monday, Chairman Berlon opened himself up to the latest salvo by saying he needed to address a story posted on a certain blog about the DPG Political Director. I won’t link to the original story for a variety of reasons, mainly though because there are only charges of illegal behavior, no convictions or proof so as far as I’m concerned the man is innocent and I’ll leave it at that.

Berlon sent out an email to members of the State Committee on Monday. There are a few points that are not immaterial and worth refuting from the email, I believe. You can read the email, get reaction and see just what the once-mighty DPG has devolved into here.

For one, no posts that I’ve read have suggested that the individual has been “convicted” of anything (a pretty important distinction for a lawyer to make, I’d say), all the information was obtained via public record not a mole, how did this go unnoticed until a “local blogger” (pejorative implied) discovered it, and don’t bother following Mike’s advice to contact him with any questions as he says (over the years he’s never responded to one of my emails and as I understand it that’s par for the course).

1. Calypso says:

So why don’t/can’t you guys ditch Berlon? Is he good at pulling the wool over folks’ eyes? I’ve seen a few pieces of his handiwork and I wouldn’t want him running my state party. Actually, I don’t have a state party, but if I did, I wouldn’t want him associated with it.

• Ed says:

No one wants the job… Which is part of the problem with everything and gives his supporters ammo against the people who want him out that they are “just whining” or whatever.

2. SallyForth says:

Hmmm….. why do I get the impression that “Ed” is not a male? Whatever, the current state of the GA Democratic Party is SO sad. No matter what political party one chooses, I think we all have to agree that a strong two-party (or more) system is necessary for the push and pull of democracy to work.

• The Last Democrat in Georgia says:

Speak for yourself, sister. It’s much easier to financially manipulate “legislators” in a one-party system than it is a strong two-party system.

(Only one set of “lawmakers” that one has to buy-off and bribe to get the desired legislative result that they are looking for.)

• Ed says:

“Hmmm….. why do I get the impression that “Ed” is not a male?”

Good question.

I’ve never been subject to a gender test…

• SallyForth says:

The guy (?) I just saw at women’s shoe store needs to take one, if you find out how it’s done, Ed.

3. Spacey G says:

We’re gonna have to pop another bowl! Read through the BforD post/all comments (live link in Ed’s post here), from top to bottom. Don’t cheat and scroll down ahead of time or get ahead of yourself. Trust me, you’ll chortle too.