Here in Georgia…
- In case you missed it, the lineup for Music Midtown has been released. The only band I’d like to see is the Foo Fighters.
- Home prices in Metro Atlanta are at a 16-year low.
- Gov. Deal has appointed Toby Carr, a former adviser with no transportation experience, to an important GDOT post.
- State officials are trying to plug a $63 million shortfall in state insurance benefits.
National stories of interest…
- The latest polls from swing states show that Barack Obama still leads in crucial swing states, but Romney is gaining.
- The White House has issued a veto threat over CISPA.
- Marco Rubio seems determined to continue the GOP policy of perpetual war.
- It’s amazing how people get so upset about what Secret Service agents did overseas, but don’t get angry when a four year-old is forced to go through a pat-down by TSA.
- Al Gore is going to the Internet Hall of Fame.
- Here’s a rundown of the worst GOP primary whiffs and predictions.
- MTV and PolitiFact are teaming up for a fantasy politics game.
- Aaron Blake explains why the decline of Blue Dog Democrats isn’t a surprise.
- Romney says he’d show Ben Bernanke the door.
- The Obama campaign is really investing in online advertising.
- Mad cow disease has been discovered in the US.
- FDA officials are banning children from doing any work on family farms.
A few that I like…
- Braves: 4, Dodgers: 2
- The Falcons picked up Asante Samuel yesterday to bolster their defense.
- Deadspin weighs in on the recent ESPN article on use of marijuana in college football (language warning).