Crowdsourcing Project: Identify Incumbents In New House Maps

UPDATE: A reader had already compiled the list of incumbents and their new district. I’ve updated the spreadsheet with that information. Please review and make any corrections necessary. Thank you to the reader who sent it to me.

Below is a Google spreadsheet I’ve been working on. When it’s completed, with your help, it will list the State House incumbents by district number. I need your help because during Reapportionment last year the new House districts were renumbered. Not every district received a new number but a bunch of them did. Consequently I don’t know offhand who is the incumbent in what district number. I need your help identifying incumbents’ new districts as well as identifying those who have announced they’re not running again. The spreadsheet is open so anyone can add or edit information on the sheet.

I’ve also added challengers who have filed a notice of intent with the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission as shown on their website today. Feel free to add names of challengers who have formally announced their candidacy. Please don’t add rumored candidates or candidates who want to float a trial balloon. I only want names of challengers who have had the courage to make their intentions public.

To edit, follow this link.

Thanks and have fun!

1. NoTeabagging says:

Stephanie Stuckey Benfield (D) retiring House District 85. I don’t know the re-districting changes there. No updates on the state MVP site to reflect rumored district changes for my address. I have not found a link to updated maps that are specific enough for me to see my street. Thanks to anyone that can share.

2. Dave Bearse says:

The powers that be ought to have all of the incumbent information readily available, given their concerted effort to have every incumbent white Democrat redistricted into a district with another incumbent.

• Harry says:

What the “powers that be” are really up to is keeping truly conservative Republicans in the House to a minimum.

3. SallyForth says:

Kudos, guys, for doing this! It seems that nobody at the Secretary of State’s office has been able to come up with this in over a year, and it sure is helpful if correct. And if not, it’s still better than the nothing we had to this point. I’ve got a miserable cold, up way too late, entertaining myself on my netbook – pleasant surprise to find this. 🙂

• LOL

BTW, Don Balfour would never run against me, he likes me. My PI’s tell me that Harper person is not much of a threat but we’ll still use the dirt we dug up on him because we can.

• Calypso says:

“…that Harper person is not much of a threat but we’ll still use the dirt we dug up on him because we can.”

You better bring a few dumptrucks from what I understand. 😉

4. sunkawakan says:

Welker has dropped out of the race for HD23; and I believe that Sean Greenberg is in the new HD22 (against Calvin Hill), not Jerguson in HD21.

• Thanks for the info. Greenburg filed a DOI for Senate 14 after he filed on for HD21. I’ve moved him to the Senate spreadsheet which will be published soon.

5. seekingtounderstand says:

Read the Gainesville Times “Hall lawmakers say transportation tax is necessary” by Jeff Gill.
    Dunahoo lied to get elected and admits it. As for our other two reps from Hall County they are just about tax and tax and do not listen to the voters.
    Please someone run against Dunahoo 30 and in the new seat of 103 that is not sold out to higher tax republicans.

6. sunkawakan says:

Rumor is that Calvin Hill (R-“new” 22) may have a Republican opponent this cycle.

It’s bound to be a free-for-all given the rising anger against the current Cherokee delegation, especially Rogers.