Here in Georgia…
- The South will rise again! Or something.
- The Kony 2012 movement comes to Covington.
- Athens-Clarke County Commissioners are asking the DOJ to shoot down new district lines.
- Joanie Scott updated her post from yesterday on possible corruption in Henry County.
- There are less vacant storefronts in Atlanta.
National stories of interest…
- Incomes have fallen more than $2,000 under Obama.
- Democrats now consider ObamaCare to be a political liability.
- North Korea is threatening war with South Korea again.
- Despite a campaign against Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law, it still receives plurality support from residents of the state.
- Yep, Americans need to be protected from speculators. Onion speculators, that is.
- Google is lobbying for CISPA, or SOPA II.
- We’re seeing a shift in the thinking on the War on Drugs.
- Is your computer at risk, find out how to check here.
- Hamid Karzai has banned Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) from entering Afghanistan.
- The Netherlands is the latest country facing debt woes.
- Are Republicans more knowledgeable and open-minded than Democrats? Yes, according to Pew Research. Test your own knowledge here.
- The National Review yesterday criticized the prosecution of John Edwards.
- David Walker for president?
A few that I like…
- Dodgers: 7, Braves: 2
- After another horrible start, the Braves sent Jair Jurrjens to the minors.
- Freddie Freeman was named the NL Player of the Week.
- C’mon, you know you want to buy the Vistor’s dugout from the Kingdome.
- Facebook has 901 million monthly users.
- The Princess Bride was quoted in a ruling from a US appellate court.