Here in Georgia…
- How much are the feds loaning to Plant Vogtle? It’s a secret.
- Tony Moore explains that charter schools fill an important need in Georgia’s education system.
- Teen pregnancy rates are down across the country, including in Georgia.
- The Augusta Commission is challenging redrawn district lines in federal court.
- Benita Dodd wonders if the T-SPLOST is really about unclogging traffic.
- ALEC ranks Georgia at 10th in economic potential.
National stories of interest…
- North Korea tried, but failed, to launch a missile last night.
- Illinois offers a lesson for states thinking about passing internet sales taxes.
- Hybrid car owners say they are unlikely to buy another.
- Herman Cain says he’s willing to talk about being the VP.
- Happy birthday, RomneyCare. Peter Suderman explains why the Massachusetts health care law has been a budget buster.
- The Ninth District Court of Appeals has struck down a political advertising ban on public radio.
- George Will again ponders whether the United States should legalize drugs.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg says that the hearings Clarence Thomas was forced to endure made it easier for her to be confirmed to the Supreme Court.
A few that I like…
- Michael Mumper talks about weightloss.
- What features will the iPhone 5 have?
- What’s worse about Tax Day, writing a check or everything else that comes with filing your taxes?
- Own a Mac? Looks like you’re now vulnerable to viruses.
- Beer makes men smarter.
- Where are the Simpsons from? Springfield, Oregon.
- In case of a zombie apocalypse, you’ll need this map.
- Are record labels going the way of the dinosaur?