Here in Georgia:
- A Pittsburgh consulting firm names Athens-Clarke the “best-positioned small community to grow in the modern economy, which will combine the agricultural, industrial and technological sectors.”
- Don’t tell Charlie or Wingfield but the Savannah Council is considering using $22 million of SPLOST money for a new stadium.
- Last night APS voted to close seven schools at an estimated savings of $500k per school.
- Nearly a third of all Georgia students fail to finish high school in four years.
National stories of interest:
- Wonkbook: On taxes, Dubya got it right.
- Ahmadinejad claims Iran will not be effected by the oil embargo.
- Is Mitt Romney the new Al Gore?
- Foundation is being laid for Afghan military to take over after U.S. withdrawal.
Links I like: