Here in Georgia…
- It has apparently been rough for judges in North Georgia over the last two years.
- In order to keep gas and others costs downs, some school systems in Georgia are cutting bus stops.
- We’re getting close to $4/gallon.
- $31 million in tax refunds are unclaimed by Georgians.
- Georgia’s Stand Your Ground law is being challenged in federal court.
National stories of interest…
- 62% disapprove of Barack Obama’s handling of gas prices.
- Coca-Cola has cut ties with the American Legislative Exchange Council.
- The Fix argues that Ron Paul is more important than Newt Gingrich.
- Netflix, which supported SOPA, has launched its own PAC.
- FiveThirtyEight takes a look at Ron Paul’s campaign, comparing it to four years ago.
- Tim Lynch argues that Florida’s Stand Your Ground law is not responsible for the death of Trayvon Martin.
- Steve Chapman explains why attacks on the Supreme Court are bad for our Constitution.
- The Obama Administration is backing off a requirement for federal contractors to discloses their political donations.
- Ken Rosenthal says that the Miami Marlins should suspend Ozzie Guillen.
- Is Iran willing to compromise on their nuclear program?
- The Supreme Court is about to take up its first post-Citizens United case.
- FDR would have opposed Social Security today.
- Scholars from the Mercatus Center looked at stimulus funding passed since 1953, finding that it does little to nothing to get the economy moving.
- Sen. Dick Lugar is facing an ad barrage in support of his primary opponent from conservative groups.
A few that I like…
- Braves drop to 0-4 to start the season.
- Chipper Jones will be back in the lineup tonight.
- Facebook bought Instagram for $1 billion.
- Here are some tips for spending less on gas.
- Pro Football Talk takes a guess which players teams will select in the upcoming NFL Draft.