Here in Georgia…
- Lobbyists spent over $866,000 during the 2012 session, more than $9,500 a day.
- Georgia has been among the top states for deportations of illegals.
- Falcons fans have a divided opinion about a new stadium for the team.
- GDOT is studying higher speed limits on I-285, you know, since no one goes 55 mph anyway.
- Remember when Underground Atlanta was a thing?
National stories of interest…
- Conor Friedersdorf says what many of us have been thinking about the Tea Party.
- The CBO reports that the budget deficit for the first half of the fiscal year is $777 billion.
- Congress is taking up cybersecurity again.
- A startup airline with a neat concept wants to avoid the hassles of passenger screenings.
- Ozzie Guillen figured out how to make the Cuban population in Miami very angry.
- Steve Chapman explains how the GOP continues to court religious voters at its own expense.
- After seeing how much e-mail Obama’s presidential campaign sends, Jon Stewart compared him to a Nigerian spammer.
- Al Gore’s Current TV is in trouble.
- Ezra Klein argues that Mitt Romney is a stronger general election candidate than Republicans think.
- Rick Santorum spent time last week with conservative leaders trying to save his campaign.
- Rob Portman for Vice President?
- Ever wondered how the CBO came up with the phony “budget savings” for ObamaCare? There was a lot of bogus math involved.
- The Washington Post came out against the proposed high-speed rail line from Los Angeles to Las Vegas.
- George Will weighs drug legalization.
A few that I like…
- Bubba Watson, a UGA grad, won the Masters yesterday.
- UGA has had some recruiting success lately.
- Five myths about water.
- More people are reading today than ever before.
- The Braves didn’t have a great opening series against the Mets.