Here in Georgia…
- Despite legislators saber-rattling about federalism and the Tenth Amendment, the budget for FY 2013 has a lot of money from the federal government.
- Personal income grew by 5% in Georgia last year.
- Georgia Power customers may finally get some relief.
National stories of interest…
- The US now has the highest corporate income tax in the world.
- Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-NE) gives President Obama an “F” on bipartisanship.
- Facebook’s TOS could be a problem if you don’t want questionable photos or statuses online.
- According to a Gallup poll, 2/3 of the media in the world are free.
- High taxes in Maryland has lead to cigarette smuggling.
- Just 25% of Americans support the war in Afghanistan.
- Fareed Zakaria says it’s time to legalize marijuana.
- Wall Street would be happy with SCOTUS striking down all of ObamaCare or keeping it all in place.
- Still trying to figure out how SCOTUS will rule on ObamaCare? Jacob Sullum explains why the answer could be in the questions.
- The minimum wage in San Francisco has killed Subway’s $5 foot longs.
- FBI to agents: It’s fine to bend or stretch the law.
- Ron Paul has spent nearly $500,000 per delegate.
- A federal judge has ruled against bloggers looking for money from the Huffington Post.
- Nick Gillespie explains the panic over bullies is ridiculous.
- Why are you on the global payscale?
- Shikha Dalmia explains why opening up the economy through liberalization will help the poor.
- Remember when Obama opposed expansive executive authority?
- The National Journal shows us the 10 Senate seats most likely to change hands.
A few that I like…
- Bill Shanks previews the 2012 Atlanta Braves season.
- 2014 should see at least three former Braves inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Chocolate helps you stay thin.
- Hacking an iPhone password apparently isn’t that complicated.
- What does Disney’s epic flop, John Carter, teach us about economics?