Here in Georgia:
- Refusing to call it quits, Newt Gingrich has replaced his campaign manager and laid off a third of his staff.
- Gwinnett Medical makes Top 100 U.S. Hospitals list.
- Rumor has it that State Rep. Joe Heckstall (D-East Point) will not run for reelection. Two candidates have already put their names in the hat.
- DeKalb County’s government has not prepared for the possibility of the creation of the city of Brookhaven. The County would lose at least $25 million in revenue.
National stories of interest:
- Services, retail, housing and auto production have shown strong gains in recent months.
- Here’s a great briefer on the remaining Health Care arguments to be presented before the Supreme Court today. (Severability and Medicaid)
- Q Poll shows Obama beating Romney and Santorum in FL, OH, PA. FL Governor Rick Scott has a 52% disapproval rating.
- House centrists put forward the Bowles-Simpson plan as a substitute amendment to the Ryan plan.
Links I like: