Georgia Last In Ethics? Here’s The Original Report

I had a few words to say about this yesterday.  The folks over at Public Radio International were kind enough to send over an embed code so you can read the report directly, in its original form.  This should help you (and all the people you need to send this link to) answer charges from your legislators that you’re just taking the word of “bloggers”.

1. CobbGOPer says:

I used their e-mail system yesterday to send this to my state senator and rep, as well as the Governor. Of course, it’s probably giving Mr. Deal a good chuckle while he continues to just do whatever the hell he wants, when he wants. Because he’s in charge.

• Charlie says:

But the difference is, in those other states that we like to think are worse, there are trials and convictions.

Read back through the laundry list I included yesterday, which was not anywhere near exhaustive of major, publicly known scandals from the last four years. The only one to even have a hint of legal issue was John Oxendine. He spent the first year and a half claiming he couldn’t be tried too close to an election because the charge was political. He then claimed statute of limitations had expired, successfully, to avoid any legal action whatsoever.

Georgia law is written in such a way that it is purposefully unenforceable. We set a bar that ethics=not illegal, then make most stuff impossible to prosecute if it even is illegal.

My experience tells me that the conclusion is valid. Wishing the truth away does not make it so.

• Cassandra says:

I also looked at yesterday’s post from you, which made me wash previous…

More people will need to take heed.

• Ed says:

That’s actually not what the report says, and you can clearly see it on the top line in big, bold letters.

2. Groundpounder says:

Is it just me ? This looks a little strange that all the blue states rated high. IL really ? Chicago Style Politics has Ethics LOL.

3. Ed says:

Again, the report was not ranking the ethics in government of the states. It is easy to see if you know, you just look at the big letters on top of the image pasted in the story.