Here in Georgia…
- Fourteen Occupy Atlanta protesters were arrested for trespassing yesterday at Chase Bank.
- Protesters gathered at the capitol yesterday to speak out against legislation banning abortion coverage in state health care plans.
- When high school pranks go really wrong.
- Jessica Colotl, the KSU student that was at the center of a immigration controversy, has completed a diversion program.
National stories of interest…
- You might be a redneck if you support Mitt Romney. Or something.
- President Barack Obama has signed legislation that some say will put restrictions on free speech.
- At least Rick Santorum seems to understand that he can’t win the GOP nomination outright.
- Tonight could be a bad night for some members of Congress facing tough primary challenges.
- Veronique de Rugy explains that out national debt will continue to outpace economic growth.
- Rising gas prices during an election year has typically been bad news for the party controlling the presidency.
- Conor Friedersdorf explains how Rush Limbaugh’s critics have lost the moral high-ground.
- Has the GOP’s focus on contraception created “another Terri Schiavo moment”?
- Peter Wallison explains how housing policy caused the financial crisis.
A few that I like…
- Congrats to Reason on being nominated for eight Maggie awards.
- Joe Escalante, who plays in the punk rock band, The Vandals, is running for judge as a Republican in Los Angeles County, California.
- Andrelton Simmons is turning heads for the Braves in Spring Training.
- The Capitol Avenue Club gives us three Braves that shouldn’t made the team this year.
- Should The Walking Dead be faithful to the comic book?
- Want to live a healthy life? Get a dog.
- God hates Radiohead.
- UGA has locked up Mark Richt and Todd Grantham to contract extentions.
- And Branden Smith, a UGA defensive back, was arrested for possession of marijuana in Henry County, Alabama.