CNN Shows Gingrich within 50% in Georgia; Romney & Santorum Tied In Ohio

CNN was kind enough to forward the following:

In Georgia:

Santorum 32%

Gingrich 14%

Paul 11%

Someoneelse (vol.) *

None/No one (vol.) 2%

Noopinion 8%

Perhaps most interesting is that their poll claims that among registered voters, “Generic Republican and President Obama are tied, 48% to 48% in GEORGIA.  You know, bright red, permanent majority of Republicans forever Georgia.

Swing state Ohio, meanwhile, shows that same matchup as 49% to 45% in favor of Obama.

1. hilltoplady says:

Sad that Georgia Republicans are voting for Gingrich because he one lived in Georgia. Many Georgians seem to relish ‘good old boy’ politics. That plus the fact that it will not be surprising for Georgia Democrats to vote for Newt just to dilute the vote. Something to watch.

• SallyForth says:

I agree that it’s sad anybody would vote for the duplicitous Newtster just because he once lived in this state. But I don’t think Democrats will vote in the Republican primary – since GA doesn’t register by political party, the only way to tell us apart is by which primary ballot you pick up. No Dems are going to want a big “R” hung around their neck this year.

2. Andre says:

Given the state the Democratic Party of Georgia is in, we all know President Obama isn’t going to win Georgia in November.

That’s all I’m saying about that.

• Ha yeah, because most voters before voting on national issues (like President) first say – how is the state or local party doing? Give me a break. Obama will win or lose Georgia and the state of the Democratic or Republican party here will have about 0.000000001% to do with it.

• TheEiger says:

I think this is a perfect reason why you should not pay attention to general election polls right now. There is no way Obama wins Georgia. Democrats even know this. At this point Reagan was loosing to carter, George Bush was loosing to Kerry.

3. Georgia is also what, 49th in education? Coincidence?

I think we can safely say that if Georgia chooses Newt, Newt will not be the nominee. (see Huckabee, Mike). I think we can also safely say that if Newt somehow does manage to be the GOP nominee, we can get used to the whole “President Obama” phrase, as we’ll be saying it for another 4 years…

4. Engineer says:

I can’t say I’m too surprised. I’ve yet to see or hear (on TV or radio) an ad for a candidate other than Newt.

• seenbetrdayz says:

This is true, and unfortunate, as I sure was hoping for some better actors than the ones in those ads.

• Engineer says:

I know what you mean, just yesterday, I saw a commercial for Newt by one of the Super PAC’s with 3D animated characters that looked like 2 steps up from the 3D used in the old Dire Straits music video for Money For Nothing.

• seenbetrdayz says:

I haven’t seen TV ads, myself, but the voice acting on those radio ads is just . . . . eheh.

I mean, you pay people to make an ad for you and they still can’t manage to make it sound enthusiastic?