For What It’s Worth

March 3, 2012 16:09 pm

by Obi's Sister · 6 comments

Newt Gingrich’s Tennessee campaign manager, State Sen. Stacey Campfield, resigned today and plans to support Rick Santorum.

The Knoxville Republican made his announcement in a post on his blog. In an interview, Campfield said he believes that conservatives need to unite behind a single candidate and that Santorum is best positioned to defeat “establishment Republican” candidate Mitt Romney.

Campfield’s decision comes after a conversation with Santorum earlier this week.

In his blog post, Campfield said he was “twisted inside because of my loyalty to Newt, my loyalty must first lie with my country and getting a country with a conservative leader must take precedence to my own personal whims of fancy.

H/T The Other McCain

ricstewart March 3, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I always giggle when I hear people debate whether Newt or Santorum is the best person to beat the establishment candidate.

Calypso March 3, 2012 at 9:32 pm

If only he gave as much thought about who is needed to beat the ultimate establishment candidate–Obama.

saltycracker March 4, 2012 at 9:16 am

It is interesting that Santorum, a Roman Catholic, is courting the evangelical Protestants , exploiting some anxiety about a Mormon. Wasn’t long ago the Protestants were concerned about the R.C.’s. Considering the dark track record of the Catholic church, Santorum might not want to get into any religious comparisons as the Mormons have the cleaner current record. Mormons are not laying out hundreds of millions in courts around the U.S. these days.

AMB March 4, 2012 at 12:02 pm

See, that’s the problem right there. Our presidential election should not be influenced by which corrupt religious hierarchy a candidate professes belief in.

Cassandra March 4, 2012 at 1:24 pm

May I present, Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney:

Let’s recap, shall we?

Lovely Elizabeth at PDK, with her Dad, Sanctimonium, and MAYBE 150 people,
Ron “Georgia isn’t on my Mind” Paul,
And then there’s Newt: Competing with Mori Luggage* for the most baggage under roof.

*http://www.moriluggage.com/17/welcome_page.htm

saltycracker March 4, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Newt’s repeat running TV ad is a bunch of scuzzy people saying they are not sure about Romney……

Comments on this entry are closed.